CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@parin bumia • 03 Jan, 2014
Where to use TPN switch and TPN Isolator,Moreover y to use it.I Have gr8 confusion regarding the realm of neutral wire.y is it so necessary.
Plz help.........
@J Biswas • 08 Jan, 2014 • 1 like TP - 3P switching no N

TPN - 3P switching with un-protective N (no problem unless the motor winding body to the metal) 😀 - other machines/electronic devices (grounded might get affected otherwise)

TPNY - Many factories / countries don't allow TPN because of the above reason. Hence independent switching of N is done along with isolation with ground.
@J Biswas • 08 Jan, 2014 We are in the process of designing a system that alarms whenever neutral line is grounded (for 3P motors), work is still in progress.

- JB -
3.9k views

Related Posts

@Anoop Mathew · Mar 5, 2014

Hi Guys. I am in a fix. I just ordered a Canon 50mm F1.8 II lens from the Snapdeal.com android app on my Galaxy S3 mini at about 4pm IST...
4.9k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jan 13, 2015

We could witness the day when Lithium-Sulphur batteries replace the Li-Ion batteries. The department of chemistry at the University of Waterloo has a team working on inventing a cheap, lightweight,...
3.4k views

@Nithyasri · Jan 3, 2013

can anyone give me the link to view the circuit diagram for eyeball movement detection sensors??
3.2k views

@MARATHE KUSUM · Mar 5, 2015

Project Abstract / Summary : Now-a-days we can find huge no of apartments crowded in nearby area with multi storage building capacity. The apartment consist of several floors. This project...
4k views

@MUTHUSAMYA · Apr 6, 2011

Dear Civil Engineers, I have collected about 2200 no of I S Codes through the free forums in internet. I wish to share the collection with the Civil Engineers of...
15k views