Tough Programming Challenges (Language Independent)

I'm wondering whether we have someone who can contribute tough programming problems that are language independent. That means, the solution can be posted in any language (C, C++, JAVA) etc.

It would be very interesting initiative here on CE. Anyone?

PS: If someone comes up with original puzzles, let us know. We'd be happy to award a special prize! 😀

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Here a simple but a little bit complicated problem by me

There is common formula in Physics to compute Power ie P=v*i
    where V is voltage in Volts and I is current in ampere

You have to write a program to
    1:-compute power if voltage and current is given
    2:-compute voltage if power and current is given,
    3:-Compute current if power and voltage is given

Seems easy?????

Let us make it a little bit tough

The current ,voltage and current are given in a statement

Like find the value of current if given voltage is 3 volts and power is 300 watts
    Remember Statement can be modified in any form
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I am trying to write programs for a packet generator ( TCP or others) and then for a packet classfier.
    Anyone wants to try?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Where are you finding problem ?

It is simple

you have to compute either power ,voltage or current ,but here you will not be given power ,voltage or current directly as input

Instead input will be in the form of a statement and your program should be intelligent enough to find what to compute and what is given?

I hope,now it is quite clear
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    durga
    I am trying to write programs for a packet generator ( TCP or others) and then for a packet classfier.
    Anyone wants to try?
    which language will you follow?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @Goyal

😁- C
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    @Durga :-I am also interested in developing programs like this,but i have only basic knowledge of packets like arp,icmp.I don't know about the whole structure of these packets .

Can you please provide me some source or link where i can learn all these?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    opps! sorry. I was kinda busy last weekend 😁

All packets are not same as you might already be knowing. The packet structure depends on the type of packet you are sending /receiving.
    I myself, don't really know any resources where you get to practise them.
    may be you can try finding similar programs online and understand how they work and try to come up with your own versions.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    No solution to my problem

Is it really tough or you guys are really busy with some other work ?

Should i give you a clue ?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    goyal420
    No solution to my problem

Is it really tough or you guys are really busy with some other work ?

Should i give you a clue ?
    I started trying goyal!
    and your clue will help us. whats the clue?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    just concentrate on units of p,v,i

pattern matching may help you

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please help me to know about companies offering nice packages in civil(in India), i have completed my 4th semester, moreover guide me on the subjects i should focus more....... i...
Hi there, I have built an animated avatar for myself, its around 40kb. Whenever I tried to upload in my profile, it failed, showing the error 'image is not replaced'....
Meaning: instruct or correct morally Usage: The purpose of the moral education session that was held at the end of the academic year was to edify the outgoing class. Syn:...
public class Manager { publicstaticvoid main(String[] args) { String[] units = { " ", "one", "two", "three", "four", "five", "six", "seven", "eight", "nine" }; String[] teens = { " ",...
I need a simple mini project on any topic of computer that suites my qualifications and condition.......... i'm goin to enter in 5th sem by the end of this july.........