Torque from engine to clutch.

Hi guys
I read somewhere that "the actual #-Link-Snipped-# transmitted from the engine to the clutch is the total engine torque subtacted by the amount of torque required to accelerate the inertia of rotating components of engine.i.e:"

T(c) = T(e) - [ I(e) x [​IMG](e) ]

where T(c)=Torque at clutch
I(e)= inertia of rotating engine parts
[​IMG](e)=angular acceleration of rotating engine parts

Can you explain this?
I mean, I(e) x alpha(e) is the amount of torque produced by engine, then why it is subtracted as inertial loss.

Replies

• Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    As you have mentioned yourself, the Total Engine Torque is the torque produced by the engine corresponding to the Engine Power.

The torque produced has to impart motion to the rotating elements of the engine which do have some definite mass and so naturally posses inertia which has to be overcome to put these parts in rotation. So some fraction of the engine torque originally produced has to be expended to rotate these elements.

Thus the actual torque avaialable at the clutch is lesser than the Total Torque porduced by the engine. We are again not including gthe losses at the transmission et al. THis would further reduce the torque available a the wheels.

It seems that you are confuse witht the naming and subfixes used for the Engine Torque and the Inertia of Rotating Elements.
  • kanishk soni
    kanishk soni
    see the power transmission depends on the design of machine as we all know clutch function as a most important in gear shifting.so when engin works it has to desipat much amount of energy to gear which depend on clutch.
  • housefull
    housefull
    The torque produced has to impart motion to the rotating elements of the engine which do have some definite mass and so naturally posses inertia which has to be overcome to put these parts in rotation. So some fraction of the engine torque originally produced has to be expended to rotate these elements.😁

FreeDSL | Free TV, Movies, and Sports Streaming

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey friends , right now into my 4th year of engg. in comp sci. im in state of dillema as, im not getting any placements. and secondly i have in...
Which compiler is better for C/C++ ? Turbo C or GCC of Linux........ 😒 😒
What are jsp struts?If anyone give me some easy to understand introduction..then it will be easy for me to understand it and learn waiting for replies😀
i am a third year electrical engineering student. i am planning to do some good project. kindly present me some idea.
A guy phones up his Boss, but gets the bosses' wife instead. "I'm afraid he died last week." she explains. The next day the man calls again and asks for...