Time domain reflectometry

I am working on a project involving TDR. I have to simply observe that the pulse is being reflected and from the time difference have to calculate the length of the coaxial cable. (the cable is open at the other end).
While doing the experiment I am also getting the reflected pulse on the oscilloscope but the time difference is coming out to be very short. (since i know the length, the time should be around 70 ns but i am getting only 15 ns).

Can anyone help me out please? Does anyone have any links for study materials?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone, I am using MATLAB 7 Neural Networks toolbox. I am trying to execute the code. But getting errors that i could not resolve. the errors are: ??? Error...
IES notification is out, and the details are available at upsc.gov.in. Here is the syllabus for Electrical Engineering! ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (For both objective and conventional types papers) PAPER - I...
Anybody have idea that can we see our colleague activities using wireshark....Any idea from people using wireshark
When I first heard about it I felt what is so great about spending hours browsing other people’s images? But, here's an answer. Mashable published an Infographic - Do any...
Absolute Zero and Four Year Transform: This is my first attempt at drawing with a Wacom tablet, so the results are a little scratchy. I promise a more consistent result...