Time delay in displaying new thread in sidebar?

Why is there a time delay of a few min from the time of posting a new thread and for it to be displayed in the right side bar

Replies

• vinod1993
    vinod1993
    I think it takes time to be updated.! And is this a matter of concern? I do not know.!
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    If you want real time update it will require a script that constantly looks for new thread. This will waste much resources. So instead, ce uses a script which checks for new threads after every X seconds and updates the sidebar accordingly.

Another option is to edit the main file which is invoked everytime a new thread is created. However its pretty time consuming to edit that without messing the original functionality.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We use caching to avoid frequent updating of the thread information in sidebar - this is done to reduce the load on the server.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We all know that capacitor blocks DC (voltage). I want to know how a capacitor can store charge from DC source? Also, why is DC voltage rating given to the...
#include #include int main() { int a=0.7; clrscr(); if(a==0.7) printf("equal"); else printf("not equal"); getch(); } ..................................... make required changes to run on linux... also answer this #include #include int main()...
Why java is/isn't pure object oriented?...give smart ans...
I think we've the world's best way of answering true / false type of questions. Here we go, share your opinion - Would you call it a 'crazy engineer' way...
So, here is the scenario. I have a csv (comma separated values) file with almost 40 lakh records in it. Each record is separated by a new line i.e. each...