Why java is pure object oriented?

Why java is/isn't pure object oriented?...give smart ans...

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Because not everything in Java is OBJECT☕
  • theAvinash
    theAvinash
    Almost everything in java is an object....plz give ex..what is not object...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    primitive values...
    int, char, boolean etc...
    this is only reason Java is not a pure OOP language.
  • theAvinash
    theAvinash
    k. primitive values can be converted to objects using wrapper classes...
    So as everything is not object in java...so its not pure OO..but it is categorized as pure OO in some books..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Pure oop language is hard to create some basic definitions are used in almost all programming languages
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    Java is classified as pure object oriented language.

It has all qualities of OOP like polymorphism,inheritance,garbage collection and most important classes and objects.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the answer to the question lies in the advantages the object oriented approach offers; it's much more intuitive and 'natural' way of programming, I guess. The imperative type of programming would be just the instructions that the computer has to follow and execute in order to arrive at a desired state; but as far as I know, it does not allow (or makes it complicated) to implement the complex logic that the modern software systems demand.

Just out of curiosity, isn't it true that you can write simple procedural programs ( C - Like ) in most of the object oriented programming languages like C++ and Java?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah true but many things which are really hard or near impossible in C program is way to simple in C++ and java languages
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    jeffrey samuel
    Pure oop language is hard to create some basic definitions are used in almost all programming languages
    Its not hard but to simplify and for better performance some of non-Object Oriented concepts are added in OO languages like in Java .
    Primitive variables have better performance than Objects. (int is faster than Integer.)
    While C# have object type rather than no primitive type but still one can argue that C# is not a 100% object oriented language because :
    Enumeration type and static methods: which can be accessible without instantiating a class object which is not strictly Object oriented concept.
  • sulochana anand
    sulochana anand
    as we all know that java is object oriented programming.when we start it we are firstly taught java is object oriented.why it is oop then we have answer that it provide information hinding,modularity,reusability inheritance itc.objects are created in class.object is a thing which has its own method(behavior) or property(state).method perform any task and state clarify what type of method will be performed.
  • monujatt
    monujatt
    Java is pure object oriented as everything contained within the class; even the main function is present inside the class....😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    monujatt
    Java is pure object oriented as everything contained within the class; even the main function is present inside the class....😀
    I suggest you to Google: "Why java is not a pure object oriented language" and what is requirement of a language to be pure object oriented.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    I have come across this question again.

While i believe that Java is pure OOP and the best criterion is that everything in JAVA is inside class.
    The primitive data types are also defines inside the class .
    The point where program execution i.e. main(), starts is defined in a class.

I will also add that when a primitive date type variable is defined,it is part of class and when class is instantiated ,that object is created in Heap (which is holding the primitive data types).

More ever, Java satisfies all other OOP requirements like

- Encapsulation
    - Inheritance
    - Polymorphism
    - Abstraction
    - All Operations are carried on by Objects (by sharing messages ).
    - All user defined types are objects.

But some people claim (i found on web also) that since JAVA has predefined data types (which are not objects) its not pure OOP. Is this a standard rule accepted by all?

Eventually all these (predefined data types) are going to be part of class as you can only define primitive data types as part of class .
    What are your views ?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    grsalvi
    I have come across this question again.

While i believe that Java is pure OOP and the best criterion is that everything in JAVA is inside class.
    The primitive data types are also defines inside the class .
    The point where program execution i.e. main(), starts is defined in a class.

I will also add that when a primitive date type variable is defined,it is part of class and when class is instantiated ,that object is created in Heap (which is holding the primitive data types).

More ever, Java satisfies all other OOP requirements like

- Encapsulation
    - Inheritance
    - Polymorphism
    - Abstraction
    - All Operations are carried on by Objects (by sharing messages ).
    - All user defined types are objects.
    Let me correct you...
    Any language can only be pure object oriented if everything can only be accessed by an Object reference.
    that means first you need to create a object of a class then only you can use that class.
    Being everything inside class , only fulfills encapsulation property not all properties of an object.
    Most basic thing of being pure object oriented is everything should only be accessed through object nothing else.
    - All user defined types are objects. Wrong, what about static variable and enumeration type.
    Hope it will clarify your doubt.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think we've the world's best way of answering true / false type of questions. Here we go, share your opinion - Would you call it a 'crazy engineer' way...
So, here is the scenario. I have a csv (comma separated values) file with almost 40 lakh records in it. Each record is separated by a new line i.e. each...
sir,, can any one post about hacking. I am mechanical student. Bt i am more intrested to know about hacking. If their any videos please post it... Or their any...
hello sir, with great regards and respects i am requesting u to gives me best project based on ccna so that i could submit it to my college as training...
Hi! Guys, I have done a project using php and I compiled the project using wamp server. But now I want to run the same project using Xampp server so...