How does capacitor store charge from DC source?

We all know that capacitor blocks DC (voltage). I want to know how a capacitor can store charge from DC source? Also, why is DC voltage rating given to the capacitors? Looking forward to answers.

Replies

• krishna c.r.
    krishna c.r.
    Capacitor in dc ckt is used to store charge in form of electric field, imagine that we have a
    capacitor , a bulb both connected in parallel and also a battery source, now when we close the switch to the battery the capacitor gets charged. then now we open the switch to the battery and close the switch to the bulb then the energy stored in the capacitor immediately dicharges and the bulb glows....
    for detailed info go to:- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The cap alters from charging and discharging in an AC ckt but in a DC ckt it charges upto the maximum voltage and beyond that point there is no probability of charge to pass or enter through the cap and it becomes open circuited

When we turn the DC source off the stored potential is discharged from the cap
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    capacitor blocks dc voltage,yes its correct but it happens in series with the circuit, you can check it with placing capacitor in shunt with circuit then it stores electrical energy..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

#include #include int main() { int a=0.7; clrscr(); if(a==0.7) printf("equal"); else printf("not equal"); getch(); } ..................................... make required changes to run on linux... also answer this #include #include int main()...
Why java is/isn't pure object oriented?...give smart ans...
I think we've the world's best way of answering true / false type of questions. Here we go, share your opinion - Would you call it a 'crazy engineer' way...
So, here is the scenario. I have a csv (comma separated values) file with almost 40 lakh records in it. Each record is separated by a new line i.e. each...
sir,, can any one post about hacking. I am mechanical student. Bt i am more intrested to know about hacking. If their any videos please post it... Or their any...