TI University Program on MSP430 LaunchPad

I m a second year electrical engineering student. I was informed about a training by TI University Program on MSP430 LaunchPad. Is this useful for me? This training is certified by Texas Instruments. Please advice me on whether to join this training program.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Aravind KayBee
    I m a second year electrical engineering student. I was informed about a training by TI University Program on MSP430 LaunchPad. Is this useful for me? This training is certified by Texas Instruments. Please advice me on whether to join this training program.
    Don't miss this chance buddy. There are very few college student who get chance to attend such program.

Can you please give me detail of the Program please.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right, I see no reason why this program wouldn't be useful. But overall effectiveness of the program can only be judged if you could post a few details about the course contents. Is the course faculty directly from Texas Instruments? Or it's just going to be the certificate with TI's stamp on it?

What's the overall course fee?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Right, I see no reason why this program wouldn't be useful. But overall effectiveness of the program can only be judged if you could post a few details about the course contents. Is the course faculty directly from Texas Instruments? Or it's just going to be the certificate with TI's stamp on it?

If it is by Texas Instruments There are not charging for this.
  • Aravind KayBee
    Aravind KayBee
    godfather
    Don't miss this chance buddy. There are very few college student who get chance to attend such program.

Can you please give me detail of the Program please.
    These are the details given to us by our professor:
    Learn Embedded System (MSP430) from TI University Program at your campus

What is LaunchPad?

The LaunchPad is an easy-to-use, affordable, and scalable introduction to the world of microcontrollers and the MSP430 family.
    Easy-to-use – LaunchPad includes all of the hardware and software needed to get started. Open source projects and code examples help users get up and running quickly.
    Affordable, the LaunchPad includes a development board, 2 programmable MSP430 microcontrollers, mini-USB cable, PCB connectors for expandability, external crystal for increased clock accuracy, and free & downloadable software integrated development environments (IDEs) – everything you need to get started today.
    Scalable – The LaunchPad is a simple introduction to the MSP430 microcontroller family. As application requirements change, programs developed on the LaunchPad can be migrated to higher end MSP430 devices.

Embedded Emulation

MSP430 LaunchPad features an on-board flash emulation tool for programming and debugging MSP430 devices via USB. Simply plug in your LaunchPad directly to your PC and start creating your own designs!

In addition to programming and debugging, the on-board flash emulation tool also allows for bi-directional serial communication with a PC. This allows data to be sent to the PC to be displayed on a hyperterminal or graphical user interface. Or, the PC can be used to send the LaunchPad board signals and commands.

The LaunchPad kit includes a mini-USB cable, so you're good to go right out of the box!

Highlights of Training
    1. Training on MSP430 from TI team
    2. Free hardware kit for all participants
    3. Free Embedded system lab for college if no. of students goes more than 200+
    4. Free codes, software and mini projects to students.
    5. Certification from Texas Instruments
    6. @3000/- per student
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Not bad. Fee is littel high but worth it.
  • Aravind KayBee
    Aravind KayBee
    godfather
    Not bad. Fee is littel high but worth it.
    Now they are doing it for free...
    We were informed that the course is done free of cost in our college. This program is to be conducted for two days in our campus itself...
  • Aravind KayBee
    Aravind KayBee
    The_Big_K

Learn Embedded System (MSP430) from TI University Program at your campus

What is LaunchPad?

The LaunchPad is an easy-to-use, affordable, and scalable introduction to the world of microcontrollers and the MSP430 family.
    Easy-to-use – LaunchPad includes all of the hardware and software needed to get started. Open source projects and code examples help users get up and running quickly.
    Affordable, the LaunchPad includes a development board, 2 programmable MSP430 microcontrollers, mini-USB cable, PCB connectors for expandability, external crystal for increased clock accuracy, and free & downloadable software integrated development environments (IDEs) – everything you need to get started today.
    Scalable – The LaunchPad is a simple introduction to the MSP430 microcontroller family. As application requirements change, programs developed on the LaunchPad can be migrated to higher end MSP430 devices.

Embedded Emulation

MSP430 LaunchPad features an on-board flash emulation tool for programming and debugging MSP430 devices via USB. Simply plug in your LaunchPad directly to your PC and start creating your own designs!

In addition to programming and debugging, the on-board flash emulation tool also allows for bi-directional serial communication with a PC. This allows data to be sent to the PC to be displayed on a hyperterminal or graphical user interface. Or, the PC can be used to send the LaunchPad board signals and commands.

The LaunchPad kit includes a mini-USB cable, so you're good to go right out of the box!

Highlights of Training
    1. Training on MSP430 from TI team
    2. Free hardware kit for all participants
    3. Free Embedded system lab for college if no. of students goes more than 200+
    4. Free codes, software and mini projects to students.
    5. Certification from Texas Instruments
    6. @3000/- per student
    PS: Now they are doing it for free...
    this program is a a two day program held in our campus itself.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, It's Anushka Vaghani....I'm first year engineering student from Gujarat-India 😀 I hope I'll get some really useful resources for my studies.
why do automobile suffer power loss with increase i n altitude???
Isnt it interesting how elements we use gets stronger and last longer as we apply dimensions to it .Would it be stonger choosing an element that was inspected 4 dimensionally?...
Hi, Is anyone know's how to convert C# to Matalb? but automatically... Thanks,
Patent infringement suit war is spreading the wings. Per Latest new, Motorola-Google’s had all the plans to filed a patent suit against Apple seeking for import ban of all major...