Thinner Gadgets - Do We Really Need Them?

It seems that every electric company out there is obsessed with shrinking the thickness of their gadgets. Apple showed us how thin iPad 2 is than the original iPad. Then Samsung showed us how Samsung Galaxy SII is the thinnest smartphone available in the market and it seems that everyone wants to out 'thinner' everything. I wonder whether engineers really prefer thinner gadgets? I mean, just give us a gadget that offers features - but at the same time offers better battery as well and a 1 cm thick gadget is more than enough technical achievement.

What do you think?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Topic is clear:Rules are created to be broken 1. You have to assume that you are one of the members of a real GD. 2. Members of a GD who...
Jaguar is previewing its upcoming entry-level sports car with the striking C-X16 Concept at the 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show. It gets a supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 with 375 horsepower on tap,...
What advantages will an ornithopter enjoy when compared to a normal air plane if it is designed for passengers transportation purpose? Its like ornithopters flying between airports rather than the...
Hello everybody I would like to share this PHP Tutorial which I found useful, in the following link PHP 101 (part 1): Down the Rabbit Hole regards
People are tweeting everywhere.. Either this was the BIGGEST earthquake to strike Delhi Or another Bomb exploded near my house. 😲 Earthquake in Delhi.. People say it was a big...