Thin-walled pressure

Can somebody help me about this question? 😀It's an assignment given to us this Christmas vacation. Here is the question:
The tank is fabricated from 1/4 in. steel plate. Calculate the maximum circumferential stress caused by an internal pressure of 200psi. The tank has a shape of ellipse where a=5in. and b=3in.
Please show your solution.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    maria flor
    Can somebody help me about this question? 😀It's an assignment given to us this Christmas vacation. Here is the question:
    The tank is fabricated from 1/4 in. steel plate. Calculate the maximum circumferential stress caused by an internal pressure of 200psi. The tank has a shape of ellipse where a=5in. and b=3in.
    Please show your solution.
    I am sending you the formula but do confirm it from someone else too.
    t=p*[(a+b)/root(ab)]/[*circum stress*efficiency of joint*2]
    assume efficiency to be 100% or 95%.
    here circumferencial stress is variable.
    anyway tell me if you get the correct answer by any other way.😛
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I used a different formula. My answer in tangential stress is 4ksi. What is the answer you got???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys checkout google's logo today, its very nice
i had noted a problem in my friends laptop actually he called to me to check that problem is he is using os as xp professional sp3 he told that...
A great idea starts in a great mind. However the successful execution of this idea takes a lot of people – and managing so many people in turn takes just...
"Control of Steam Power Plant is very big job need Care to fulfill the appropriate degree of stability and dependability for such this big system " In many countries, plants...
this is my title for my project : Automotive Anti-Collision Alert System (ACS) by Distance Monitoring this project is about measuring the safe distance that will varied according to the...