"the chicken manure" project

Hi!
Im a pretty young guy, having an idea of making pellets out of hen excrement. My family runs an egg-production system, and we have a problem with storing and disposing the bi-product. I've been searching around the web for ideas and inspiration to modernize our farm for an upcoming investment, only to find out this might be the place for such project.

So I am with this, looking for knowledge and experience in the subject, or just ideas!

I don't really know exactly what i want with this, but lets try.

Thanks!

Replies

• Don Ross
    Don Ross
    If it is burnable. dry it out until you get the moisture level so you can press it through something like a spaghetti auger or meat auger to form it into long strands. Then cut it, and complete drying it out to a moisture content that is burnable. Then try burning it in a pellet wood burning stove. If that works then work on modifying the production aspect. Good luck
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    Kiddo, you out there? Talk to me. Sincerely,
    D F Ross

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

‘Can magnet with only one pole exist?’ is the question that can now be answered with a yes. Physicists have successfully synthesized a magnetic particle having only North Pole allowing...
Hello, I am new to NS2 (network simulation) software. I want to implement AODV (AD-Hoc On-demand Distance Vector) routing protocol in ns2. I need guidance about the coding in of...
Leon Anavi, the professional opensource software engineers and regular contributor to QtTizen & Tizen project, is one of the speakers at FOSDEM'14 conference which is taking place in Brussels. Leon...
About 140,000 lives were lost in India in 2012 in road accidents and an estimated 17% (about 24,000) of them were the vehicle occupants. What could be the reasons for...
Apple is in the news for all wrong reasons. This is not for the first time that an Apple gadget has caught fire. According to TOI, in November an iPad...