The Boxes

There are three boxes. One is labeled "APPLES" another is labeled "ORANGES". The last one is labeled "APPLES AND ORANGES". You know that each is labeled incorrectly. You may ask me to pick one fruit from one box which you choose.
How can you label the boxes correctly?

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    vishnu priya
    There are three boxes. One is labeled "APPLES" another is labeled "ORANGES". The last one is labeled "APPLES AND ORANGES". You know that each is labeled incorrectly. You may ask me to pick one fruit from one box which you choose.
    How can you label the boxes correctly?
    OK , I ask you to pick up an APPLE for me ๐Ÿ˜• I could n't get your puzzle.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Pick one from the box 3 named apples & oranges.

You will find either of these , name the box accordingly...

Change the names of the other two boxes as they are said to be incorrect in the question.
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    Here is my solution:

Pick a fruit from box "Apple and Orange".

If the fruit is Apple:
    Apple and Orange -> Apple
    Orange -> Apple and Orange
    Apple -> Orange

If the fruit is Orange:
    Apple and Orange -> Orange
    Orange -> Apple
    Apple -> Apple and Orange

-Pradeep
  • tech_vaibhav_ee
    tech_vaibhav_ee
    agree with pradeep...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes ,I too agree with pradeep , i didnt mention the proper names with a detailed answer!!!
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Yeah,the answer is right,good job people.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    shalini_goel14
    OK , I ask you to pick up an APPLE for me ๐Ÿ˜• I could n't get your puzzle.
    Actually,in that puzzle there are three boxes and they are named incorrectly and you have to name them correctly.You will be given only one chance to open any one of the boxes and pick up any one fruit,with that one fruit taken out you should find the names of all the boxes correctly.

Hope i have made it clear.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, Now i have stepped onto my second year of engineering and i am planning to go for my higher studies ie.,either MBA or MS. I have heard of...
i want 2 knw the principle of gyrocar..... plzzzzzzz rply.......
One of my friend sent this site-link to me. Have a look at this site CEans 25-Jul-2009 - Botix Robotics Workshop | Simple Labs | Simplifying Technology
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ This is awesome. You can now drag your gmail messages and drop them to the tags directly! We've had that feature in Zimbra. Looks like Google is learning faster....
GF's Crazy Puzzles--With New Format Hello Ceans, Here i am going to Start a simple thread for puzzles but with some interesting Rules... Hop you guys will enjoy it.. Rules:...