TestComplete testing tool

hi All,

I have got a task to research on most of the available tools in the market, design a Proof of concept with that tool on any of the website with a framework and explain the benefits.

I am a proficient in QTP, so now I am working on Test Complete, and later I will have to work on Selenium.

I am dedicating this thread to people who are working/worked on test complete to post your questions and learning on the tool.

Currently, I have started exploring the options we have such as functional testing and white box testing.
With a wide variety of languages that can be used with this tool.

The best features I see is the wildcarding.

What is wildcarding:

For example you have a object name as Object_24543584395834 in first iteration and Object_4785783475894 in second iteration. The tool helps in wildcarding the object as Object_" so that the test execution is successful.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    There is one more feature called -- Extended Find.

I loved this feature and I think this is not available in QTP.

The feature works like this,

Generally in automating any application we need the object hierarchy,
    for example we are automating CE home page, and trying to click on the latest member link (assume that the link doesnt change)
    if the object hierarchy is fixed always like Browser().Page().Frame().Link(newuser)
    we are good. But sometimes, the hierarchy might differ, like there might be Browser().Page().Link(newuser) or
    Browser().Page().Frame().Frame().Link(newuser)

In this scenario if we select Link for extended find and if we move it under the page (in name mapping ) then the object will be identified.

I loved this feature.

What is name mapping? will discuss tomorrow. Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have been working to understand this tool (on a request from a friend ) since past 22 hours non-stop.

What is name mapping , this can be found in internet but to explain it to people who knows QTP a bit, Its similar to the object repository hierarchy (but not same).

The name mapping helps us to give custom names to all the objects added and can create a logical hierarchy where in the debugging becomes easy.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    There is a feature called object spy (same as QTP) which will spy the object for you and will give the features, but the difference with QTP and test complete in object spy too is, in QTP if you spy on any object you will get properties, methods and hierarchy of that object.

But this spy does all the above, and also will give you the path in the name mapping file of the object spied if the object is already added.

I guess this is similar to locate object in repository feature of QTP. More explorations to follow.

I am currently working on a Delphi application which is completely alien to me , so if I post some information on the tool which is very basic please dont mind.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any1 suggest me a book which contains all the details of exams after b.tech like GRE, GATE, CAT......??????????? 😔
Book 1 : https://www.flipkart.com/c-programmi...jjypxjvwf?pid=9788120305960&otracker=variants Book 2 : https://www.flipkart.com/c-programming-language-2nd/p/itmdytcjjypxjvwf?pid=9780131103627&otracker=from-search&srno=t_3&query=C Programming Language&ref=97a9a7c5-408b-4e6e-bec3-feb3b673147f Book 1 costs 135 INR & Book 2, 2795 INR. I have read entire book illegal way by downloading pdf...
In short, LynxOS RTOS is Opensource or not ? I couldn't find any license documentation. Would like to know about Opensource Linux RTOS. Anyone have idea ?
I have written a simple code beacuse i have two strings, one is hard coded and the sum of whose adjacent membrs is to be stored in the other string.but...
which is the best to do the smart metering