Taskbox For iPhone - Thinks Emails As Tasks - Competes With Sparrow

Just stumbled upon a new Kickstarter project called Taskbox. The app is generating lot of buzz in the blogosphere and being called a worthy 'Sparrow Mail App' competitor. I've been using Sparrow for a long time now and it's my favorite email app for OSX (I'm yet to try the iphone version). I wrote a #-Link-Snipped-# few weeks ago. But the taskbox team looks at the whole email business very differently and comes with a promise to clear your inbox in less than 60 seconds.

taskbox-1

The engineering team at Taskbox thinks of your email as a list of 'to-do'. I thought of looking at my own mailbox and found out that it indeed looks like a list of things I'm going to do or expected to do. Frankly speaking, email has not changed much ever since its invention or should I say our perspective towards the email has not evolved. Looks like the Taskbox will solve the email problem for once and for all. With the growing popularity of the smartphones and tablets, emails have invaded most of our lives. We end up staying connected and checking our email every 5-10 minutes (at least, I do) from almost everywhere from bathrooms to bedrooms to offices. Taskbox team finds out that we check our emails regularly to see if there's anything new in our inbox but we seldom do respond very quickly. It's estimated that about 80% of the email users accessing email from their desktops move the email out of their inboxes while only 10% do so while accessing from their smartphones. Why? The answer is because it's very tedious to organize your email from your mobile devices and gadgets.

Sparrow aimed at solving this problem to a great extent and worked fantastically when you've a gmail account. But when you've several accounts configured right into sparrow, then the experience isn't great. Sparrow #-Link-Snipped-# few months ago and the fate of the project is not known. Like most of the Google projects, we can safely assume that the Sparrow email project will continue but we don't expect any breakthrough innovation.

taskbox-2

Taskbox app aims to solve the problem of email management. The app allows you to use familiar gestures to clean up your inbox and separate the most important messages from others and clean up spam quickly. The team claims that you can clean up entire day's of email overaload in just 60 seconds. The app even allows you to send quick replies like "I've read your email and I'll follow up quickly" or "I'm on it" etc. All you need is a quick click and you're done.

The app even sures that the most important messages stay on top and are clearly visible. You can associate priorities with each 'task' and even keep a track of tasks that you've allotted to others. The taskbox for iPhone app lets you collaborate with your team efficiently and lets you follow up your most important messages.

Check out the app on Kickstarter: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, This is an electrical engineer asking - What Is Earth Switch? I came across the term while studying and could not understand it. It would be great if some...
I have zeroed two devices for testing some of the Apps that we are going to offer through our soon too be launched Tablet Only Apps Store. Here are my...
i really need assistance in this my research. AC TO AC CONVERTER FOR INDUCTION HEATING
how to add the Scroll bar inside the frames and scrolling the controlls into the frame in Vb
hi , i am going to work on an automation project ( Production Line ) to include what i have been studied ( AC - DC - Stepper Motors -...