What Is Earth Switch

Hello, This is an electrical engineer asking - What Is Earth Switch? I came across the term while studying and could not understand it. It would be great if some of you forum members can explain it. Please help!

Replies

• grsalvi
    grsalvi
    Is it the one you talking about, is part of isolator switch ?

Isolators are connected in power systems to disconnect a part of circuit from another (while offline).
    Now suppose i want to carry out maintenance on a bus bar.I will disconnect this particular bus bar using circuit breaker and then use an isolator.
    However though disconnected some charges still remain on busbar and can cause harm.So an earth switch (connected to isolator) is closed which makes contact between busbar and earth.This de energizes bus bar and ready for maintenance.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    grsalvi
    Is it the one you talking about, is part of isolator switch ?

Isolators are connected in power systems to disconnect a part of circuit from another (while offline).
    Now suppose i want to carry out maintenance on a bus bar.I will disconnect this particular bus bar using circuit breaker and then use an isolator.
    However though disconnected some charges still remain on busbar and can cause harm.So an earth switch (connected to isolator) is closed which makes contact between busbar and earth.This de energizes bus bar and ready for maintenance.
    ok..thnxx... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have zeroed two devices for testing some of the Apps that we are going to offer through our soon too be launched Tablet Only Apps Store. Here are my...
i really need assistance in this my research. AC TO AC CONVERTER FOR INDUCTION HEATING
how to add the Scroll bar inside the frames and scrolling the controlls into the frame in Vb
hi , i am going to work on an automation project ( Production Line ) to include what i have been studied ( AC - DC - Stepper Motors -...
Hello all, I am an Electrical and Electronics Engineer from Hyderabad. I want to know why is series motor used for speed regulation? I mean, why we don't use shunt...