Tag Testing Thread

I've been receiving complaints about alerts not being generated upon tagging. Assuming that you've correct tagging preferences set, you should receive an alert bubble.

To start with #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# - did you land here through alert bubbles?

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Yes #-Link-Snipped-# : Did you get a tag from me now?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm getting the alerts correctly. Now I request Sarath and you to tag each other and see if it's working fine.

Note: If you are subscribed to a forum; you may not receive the alert if your destination through both alerts is the same.

For example:

I'm subscribed to Computer Science & Engineering Forum and have opted to receive a notification on every post maid in it.

If a new post in the Computer Science & Engineering section tags you; then you will not receive a separate alert for it; because the 'new post' notification has already alerted you about the destination. We do this to avoid duplicate alerts.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Howdy?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# : Are you guys getting the tag alerts?
  • lal
    lal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Oh yeah! I got the directions to land in this thread ๐Ÿ˜

#-Link-Snipped-# do you hear me?
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I land here as I got the notification.
    Did you get the notification #-Link-Snipped-# ??
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Anoop Mathew
    I got it both from both #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# .
    getting alert?- Absolute Yes.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Simply tag me back without quoting as reply. Just want to check something. I didn't get your tag earlier on #-Link-Snipped-# thread.
  • lal
    lal
    #-Link-Snipped-# you must be now getting a notification for reply rather than tag, right?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-# Are you guys getting the tag alerts?
    I got this -

Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 7.25.13 PM

Situation under control for me.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ce-tag-error
    The Tag that I mentioned on the ^^Image Above refers to the Tag by #-Link-Snipped-# on #-Link-Snipped-# link. It was a new thread, and there was no previous notification of any sort from it.

P.S: I was online (am still) at that time from Desktop using Chrome.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-# , I am fine and got the alert.
    However, this may not be a valid test as AMM can get through to anyone if he wants, can't he?
    #-Link-Snipped-# did you get it?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    #-Link-Snipped-# did you get it?
    Yes. It's fine now.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    lal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Oh yeah! I got the directions to land in this thread ๐Ÿ˜

#-Link-Snipped-# do you hear me?
    I hear you! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Rajni Jain
    I land here as I got the notification.
    Did you get the notification #-Link-Snipped-# ??
    Gotcha. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I guess tags are working fine as all CEans received the notifications.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the only issue is that notification mails are being delayed by a minute. Looks like we've some issue with Amazon SES.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# : Are you guys getting the tag alerts?
    Yeah! Little late in checking emails ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A random post about entrepreneurship took me here - https://www.jamesaltucher.com/2011/04/the-100-rules-for-being-an-entrepreneur/ Thanks to this guy's fun style of writing I could read this REALLY long post. And the important part is...
can someone plzzzzzzzzz guide me about business options after diploma in mechanical engineering?????
Well I was going through the news this morning to find out there is a new ruckus regarding portfolio distribution in the NaMo Cabinet. I thought some ideal names would...
It is my great privilege to be a part of Crazy Engineers Community. My Details: Name : NAGARJUNA AGRAHARA Occupation : Student College: Nitk Surathkal (Currently 1st year B.Tech) Branch...
This is my first post. I got to know about this blog from my friend @micheal john . Hope I will be an active participant in this blog.