Street Smart Lights can cut energy costs by half

The system, developed by Luix, is reported to be able to manage the brightness of street lights based on the presence of people and vehicles in the area.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    This is actually an old-ish idea, we had considered it as a option when we were selecting our project. It does cut energy costs, provided LEDs or any other light source, which doesn't use high amount of power at start up, is used!
    Its a really brilliant idea for a project, we couldn't take it because one member of our team opposed it strongly and wanted us to follow what he had in his mind!
  • lal
    lal
    But doesn't that mean a more complex circuit, a proximity censor and so on. will these costs be balanced by the energy saved?
    And presence of animals would turn on the light, I guess (if basic types of proximity sensors are used)
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Right now in Vadodara, Gujarat all street lights are being controlled via GPRS where one smart Unit controls all the slaves and one slave controls hundreds of Street Poles depending on Day Light and Time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could very well be a final year project idea ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Could very well be a final year project idea ๐Ÿ˜€
    More than final year as this year Vadodara wins the award for maximum energy saving from street light. ๐Ÿ˜€ and i'm proud of it as our company has supplied GSM Modem for this project. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Good for you GF, more power to your elbow.
  • Suresh Manickam
    Suresh Manickam
    No offence

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Build a Laser 3D Printer - Stereolithography at Home
FORA.tv - Stephen Fry and Friends Salute Christopher Hitchens
Attention - (Notice issued in public interest ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) All the participants of the CE Grand Quiz Contest are hereby notified that there will be no question tomorrow. We will...
Hello Friends , This is Mohit and i need a Cell Phone Jammer circuit for my minor project at clg. so please help me out in that and give me...
APIdeology: Application Programming Interface best practices