Steve Wozniak: Introduction

CEans,

Steve Wozniak (Woz) is the Apple Co-founder and Inventor of Personal Computers. Steve Woz along with Steve Jobs founded Apple computers back in 1970s. Steve Wozniak is 'the real engineer' behind all those first computers that lead to a revolution in Personal Computing. Essentially, Wozniak was the engineer behind the legendary Apple I & Apple II computers which were much ahead of its generation back then.

We are excited to present our exclusive Small Talk with Mr. Wozniak. Mark your calendars on February 01, 2011.

Discuss anything, everything about Mr. Steve Wozniak in this thread 😀

Replies

• vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    IS it true that steve jobs named his company apple in an instant after seeing an apple on his table after no one came up with an idea to name the company and my other question would be why apple uses only apple software for its products and why dont they make it a open source one?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    1) A lot of people wonder where the name "Apple Computer" came from, as it is a rather unusual name for a computer company.
    Steve Jobs came up with the name in early 1976. At the time, he was often visiting and working on a small farm friends of his owned.
    It was a hippie commune where Steve spent a few months of the year.
    When he returned from one of those stays, he told Steve Wozniak about his idea. Jobs probably was working on apple plantages. Or he just wanted their start-up to be in front of Atari in the phone book. Or it was a tribute to Apple Records, the music label of the Beatles.
    Whatever the true origin of the name was, Woz knew instantly that they were going to be in trouble with Apple Records sooner or later. But as they were unable find a name that sounded better than Apple Computer, the name was chosen. 😉
    Woz's worries turned out to be justified. Apple Computer, Inc. was sued by Apple Records over trademark violations in 1989.

2) For your 2nd question may be someone else could answer better.

But read this:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Just one of the facts. 😀
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    thanks abkd.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Medical journalist Michael Mosley introduces the fundamental questions and the great forces of history that have shaped the story of science. What is out there? What is the world made...
Rupert Murdock's News Corp is just few weeks away from releasing iPad based newspaper. TechCrunch reports that they expect the news daily will launch in next week. The iPad newspaper...
HP is hosting second webOS event to attract developers on February 9 @ Fort Mason Center, Herbst Pavillion in San Francisco. Invite mentions - “Please join Jon Rubinstein and the...
There's no official number available from Facebook. According to few reports, Facebook passed the 600 million member mark in late December 2010. According to Socialbreakers, the number at present is...
please suggest me a project in electronics for my majors ........ P.S. i have studied microprocessors thanks..........