Spiritual Engineering

I was trained as a Mechanical Engineer in a college in Surat, India but its so long ago I can't quite remember the name. Supposedly, my area of specialization was production engineering and specifically tool engineering. Final year project was a study of metal casting cooling behaviour.

Since then, I defected to entrepreneurship and computing and have been teaching Computer Science at Egerton University in Kenya after completing (remotely) related masters and PhD degrees.

I used to keep a large book of ideas but it got chewed up by termites while I was away studying for my PhD. The advantages of that is that all my ideas are fresh. No stale ones...

A few years ago I had the most amazing encounter of my life. I engineered the website of a prophet only to discover that this gentleman was indeed and genuinely a prophet of the Living God. I never imagined in my wildest fantasies that life could end up thois way. No wonder they say that reality is much stranger than fiction.

I live through adventure. Living in Kenya is adventure enough with Al Shabaab trying hard to blow up our country plus Kenyans go for each other's throat every five years during the general elections. I live on an active volcano whose caldera is said to be the third largest in the world at 12km diameter set right in the middle of the great rift valley.

My interests are no longer governed by what I studied in college about two centuries ago but on how to solve specific problems around us. The one I am preparing to solve is how to build houses with volcanic ash which covers thousands of square kilometers around the Rift Valley. Another one is to create lights that turn on when there are people in a room that is too dark to read in. I think they call it green energy these days. It used to be called energy conservation but I guess somewhere around the end of the millennium, conservation was infused with chloros and turned a (hopefully) radiant green. There was another type of green seen at Tahrir square around the 18th of Feb. last year that I am even more interested in.

Some projects I have looked at recently include: Low cost roads, SMS applications, Kiswahili language tools, water harvesting and purification, solar power packs, mushroom house climate control.

Amen.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That is quite a remarkable introduction.
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers community. We are glad to have you here with us. Be an active member of the community. Start sharing your thoughts on various threads across the forum. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-# ! It's always wonderful to have engineers like you to be a part of CE's worldwide community. I see a lot of engineers from Kenya joining us!

Interested to know how you came to know about this website?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to community.
    Is it SVNIT where you got training in Surat?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-#. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Githeko
    Another one is to create lights that turn on when there are people in a room that is too dark to read in.
    Are you talking about motion sensors here? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would be interesting to know about the recent projects you have looked at. ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

๐Ÿ˜› So, how many saw the puppy? ๐Ÿ˜
I would like to know what are the different types of parts that can be accepted by the PCB assemblers? Do they accept cut tapes and bulks or they just...
Main aim of this thread is to throw light on the possible software solutions for an 'eco-friendly environment'. ๐Ÿ˜€ I was unaware if there existed software solutions for the same,...
does anybody use Autodesk Inventor Here ?
Hi Every1, If you wanna know something about me, here is a brief outline for you. I lived in Dhaka-the capital of Bangladesh. My home district is Munshiganj. I have...