Spark-Renault SRT_01E - Next Generation F1 car

Spark-Renault SRT_01E is a pure technical innovation in the field of Automobile. As all us know there are F1 championships held every year for gasoline powered F1 cars but from Next we can be the spectator to see a pure racing championship for electrically powered F1 cars. These cars are known as Formula E racing cars. It’s not all about that, Renault has showcased the model of the upcoming Formula E car named “Spark-Renault SRT_01E”. It is a single seater pure electric racing machine and this Formula E racing will start from September 2014 to June 2015. This race will feature 20 racers all driving the same Spark-Renault SRT_01E car and will represent 10 teams. As the name suggests, all of us would have thought that it was made by joint venture of two companies but the reality is not as we thought.
Front-three-quarter-of-the-Spark-Renault-SRT_01E-Formula_002
It is a car made jointly by many companies who had contributed as follows:
*Renault- electric drive train, system integration, performance optimization and the safety of the electric drivetrain,

*McLaren-assembly of electric power train and electronic controls,

*Williams F1- Battery technology,

*Dallara- Construction and design of Monocoque chassis,

*Spark-Suspension, aerodynamics and overall assembly.
Side-of-the-Spark-Renault-SRT_01E-Formula-E-racer-1024x677

Technical specifications:

1)motor-270PS electric motor but the output is limited to 180PS as the usage of KERS in F1 racing,

2)They can use maximum period only during push-to-pass in every lap.

3)Battery weight-200kg,

4)Total weight(along with driver)-800kg,

5)0-100kph in just 3 seconds, top speed-200kmph(limited).

So it’s a child of so many parents. What’s your view on this e-F1 car?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently viewed a video on youtube of Phonebloks. It's uber awesome, so I thought, I should share with fellow CEans : For more visit : https://www.phonebloks.com/ Drop your opinions/views below....
Can anyone make me clear about use of volatile keyword in java ? I would appreciate if one can give related examples ? Thanks in advance
It looks like this years recruitment is being ruled by Accenture which is making big bulk offers to the students. At VIT aka Vellore Institute Of Technology, Accenture recruited about...
CEans, this thread is meant to act as the campus recruitment tracker for all the placement offers made in campuses in year 2014. Please post information about the companies that...
Hello Engineers, This post is about a Walking Mechanism made by Theo jansen, a kinematic sculptor. Theo has used his creativity and bridgred the gap between art and engineering through...