CrazyEngineers
  • Recently viewed a video on youtube of Phonebloks. It's uber awesome, so I thought, I should share with fellow CEans :

For more visit : #-Link-Snipped-#

Drop your opinions/views below.

And support the campaign : #-Link-Snipped-#
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • durga ch

MemberSep 13, 2013

yes, I have checked it too! though the whole idea is commendable(infact awesome), I am not too sure abut varying size of components. what kind of wiring will be done? how will the internal processor know the location of each component? Also a working model would help the project more (aka ubuntu phone).

Nevertheless, i do support the whole idea
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberSep 13, 2013

durga
    I am not too sure abut varying size of components. what kind of wiring will be done? how will the internal processor know the location of each component?
    I was wondering same. In video it looks like modules like wifi, Battery, camera,etc. are just connected to the main centre body. These modules gets connected to primary part(centre one) of device like magnet.
    IDK How current is applied to those externally connected components & how those devices are detected by the system.

Maybe CE should call out Hakkens & take small interview. We have so many questions in our mind.
    Cancel
  • durga ch

MemberSep 13, 2013

right, also it might as well be that the modules by themselves are fully functional and don't really need an external processor . you get what I am saying?? it might just act as a breadboard ( I am only imaging)
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberSep 13, 2013

Yeah, it might be. But those modules need to get power, right ? (How they get power from battery, I have no clue)
    Maybe, drivers for supported detachable components are pre-installed in main device, & rest other device simply act like USB. Mount at the back of the main(core) part & you get notification "New hardware found".
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 13, 2013

The idea is very basic, yet useful, but not workable. You'll be restricted by the pin-size & number and I believe going forward there will be architectural compatibility.
    Cancel
  • Anoop Mathew

MemberSep 16, 2013

Awesome innovations! Hope their campaign rises a revolution in the midst of this mayhem of phone/tablet/phablet chaos among a lot of potential users who don't find a solid sentiment to their phones!
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register