Phonebloks : Watch The Video.

Recently viewed a video on youtube of Phonebloks. It's uber awesome, so I thought, I should share with fellow CEans :

For more visit : #-Link-Snipped-#

Drop your opinions/views below.

And support the campaign : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    yes, I have checked it too! though the whole idea is commendable(infact awesome), I am not too sure abut varying size of components. what kind of wiring will be done? how will the internal processor know the location of each component? Also a working model would help the project more (aka ubuntu phone).

Nevertheless, i do support the whole idea
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    durga
    I am not too sure abut varying size of components. what kind of wiring will be done? how will the internal processor know the location of each component?
    I was wondering same. In video it looks like modules like wifi, Battery, camera,etc. are just connected to the main centre body. These modules gets connected to primary part(centre one) of device like magnet.
    IDK How current is applied to those externally connected components & how those devices are detected by the system.

Maybe CE should call out Hakkens & take small interview. We have so many questions in our mind.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    right, also it might as well be that the modules by themselves are fully functional and don't really need an external processor . you get what I am saying?? it might just act as a breadboard ( I am only imaging)
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Yeah, it might be. But those modules need to get power, right ? (How they get power from battery, I have no clue)
    Maybe, drivers for supported detachable components are pre-installed in main device, & rest other device simply act like USB. Mount at the back of the main(core) part & you get notification "New hardware found".
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The idea is very basic, yet useful, but not workable. You'll be restricted by the pin-size & number and I believe going forward there will be architectural compatibility.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Awesome innovations! Hope their campaign rises a revolution in the midst of this mayhem of phone/tablet/phablet chaos among a lot of potential users who don't find a solid sentiment to their phones!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone make me clear about use of volatile keyword in java ? I would appreciate if one can give related examples ? Thanks in advance
It looks like this years recruitment is being ruled by Accenture which is making big bulk offers to the students. At VIT aka Vellore Institute Of Technology, Accenture recruited about...
CEans, this thread is meant to act as the campus recruitment tracker for all the placement offers made in campuses in year 2014. Please post information about the companies that...
Hello Engineers, This post is about a Walking Mechanism made by Theo jansen, a kinematic sculptor. Theo has used his creativity and bridgred the gap between art and engineering through...
hi friends can any one tell me how to stop unwanted mail coming from inbox to which i have subscribed earlier. but still the mail from those sites are coming...