Sony's Paper Based Bio-Battery

Sony's come up with a latest development in their sugar-battery project; the engineers were successful creating a paper based battery: #-Link-Snipped-# capable enough of powering a small electric motor. Does anyone know what chemical reactions lead to generation of hydrogen ion & electrons?

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I tried googling that, but no donuts seem to be coming forth 😛

maybe a metasearch will help, but I think this is not a publicly funded project, and Sony is justified in keeping the exact thing a secret.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gurjap
    I tried googling that, but no donuts seem to be coming forth 😛

maybe a metasearch will help, but I think this is not a publicly funded project, and Sony is justified in keeping the exact thing a secret.
    It's not a publicly funded project; actually it's an extension of Sony's ongoing research on sugar-batteries. But I don't quite like the concept of using paper as a fuel; isn't it same as cutting trees and creating fuel out of them? 👎
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    It's a start. If the idea is to convert cellulose (which it may not be) then its future is probably bright. We have plenty of that on the planet, and not all of it has to come from rain forests. Think about it: you lawn mower is powered by the grass it cuts. Ain't it beautiful?

Damn, I started wishing that was true 😀
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    Gurjap
    It's a start. If the idea is to convert cellulose (which it may not be) then its future is probably bright. We have plenty of that on the planet, and not all of it has to come from rain forests. Think about it: you lawn mower is powered by the grass it cuts. Ain't it beautiful?

Damn, I started wishing that was true 😀
    If its based on cellulose then cotton is also the best option as a raw material 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bhagavad-gita As Is , is under the threat of being banned in Russian.​There is court hearing early monday morning, so we must all act by sunday.​please sign this petition online....
Verbal is the most difficult section for engineers taking GMAT and one startup is aiming to solve that problem through virtual classrooms. The startup founded in 2006 by Arun Jagannathan...
Potholes left without repair are a nightmare in Bangalore and quite a bit of the rest of India. With the swarm of two wheelers (almost one per person in many...
Window 8 will have a new way of entering your passwords. The system works as follows - 1. First you're allowed to select a picture from your photo library. 2....
Automobiles & Auto Components - Auto Expo 2012 Largest Automotive show in India The only complete Automotive show in World Only show in India accredited by OICA Special focus on...