Something confuses me an exam ..

As u can see in the image below .. I just don't get it .. in the fig 1, the polarity in both A and B networks were the same, that is why there was no current flowing .. but in fig 2, he reversed the connections .. so that means that he also reversed the polarity, in another meaning, the + in network a ----> the - in network b and vise versa .. am I mistaken ? or right ? *There is no clear solution for me in this question so I will be asking the one who answered a lot of questions.*
edit : network A and B only have 1 Current source + 1 Resistor
Another question, is reversing the current source direction affects the polarity ?
Sorry for being talkative, but I'm really confused and the exam is around the corners.
Thanks in advance. ? 

ELv3-a4412652-4e2b-49ce-9712-0c24ee277862.jpg

Replies

• lal
    lal

Why don't you start by represeting those networks as two equivalent Norton circuits and equate? Let us know what relations you come up with.

For instance, the first connection setup would give you something like, 

Ina x Rna = Inb x Rnb = 10V

*Pardon the naming. By Ina, I meant equivalent current of network A and Rna is equivalent resistance of network A.

• Abdelrahman Rabah
    Abdelrahman Rabah

#-Link-Snipped-# I actually did all of those .. and i represented the 1st case with this way
    Ra*Ia = Rb*Ib = 10
    but the 2nd case is the one confuses me .. to shorten all of these talks .. if I changed the current source direction, would it change the polarity between the R ? *I did a lot of searches on google, but nothing came handy ..*

• lal
    lal

Yes, it would, and note that it is true only if you keep the reference of measurement same in both cases. 

If A and B are the terminals of a resistor, and a current is flowing from A to B, V(AB) will read positive. Now if the current direction is reversed, V(AB) would read negative. Note that terminal B is reference in both the cases.

To start with, then, consider network B to be some impedanc, Zb, and network A to be driving that load. You could work out Ia and Ra then without much chaos. 

• Abdelrahman Rabah
    Abdelrahman Rabah

#-Link-Snipped-#  that quite helped a lot .. thanks :D <3  

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's Artificial Intelligence Yourself (AIY) kits can be a great introduction to AI and machine learning concepts. Here's a breakdown of five key features you should know about.https://www.designnews.com/electronics-test/5-facts-you-must-know-about-googles-aiy-kits/146803064660007?ADTRK=UBM&elq_mid=7026&elq_cid=1069623
Chongqing Feilong Jiangli latest information. Udelv, the world's leading autopilot delivery company, will launch its latest autopilot delivery vehicle (ADV) model at CES in 2019. The car will use the...
I got C-dac Bangalore knowledge park in my First Round of Seat Allotment.
The fact is that hacking can be dine from any operating system but since most operating systems are designed to serve different purpose, hacking tools are designed for operating systems...
i am a computer engineer too.. but my goal since kid was automobiles.. i jst cant keep myself away from automobiles.. dueto some unfortunate situations i coudnt go for automobile...