Smartphones with 802.11ac wi-fi?

I'm surprised to see that none of the Android phones, iPhone, Nokia or Blackberry smartphones yet have 802.11ac. Looks like the latest speedy wifi is still limited to limited number of laptops and desktops. Is there any specific reasons why the smartphones still don't have 802.11ac wifi?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    As technology is pretty new,there are only two chipsets (could be few more) for mobile devices developed by Broadcomm & Qualcomm i.e BCM4335 & Atheros WCN3680 respectively.
    Maybe as other Semiconductor companies will jump, the smartphone manufacturers will start embedding it in their device.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Google's latest Nexus 5 does have 801.11ac Wi-Fi! 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Google's latest Nexus 5 does have 801.11ac Wi-Fi! 😀
    What are the specifications of Nexus5 ?
    I couldn't find it anywhere. Nexus5 looks awesome though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have performed compressive testing of cubes using fly ash based cement . Three of them were demolded after 24 hours and 3 of them were demolded on the 5th...
I do not know how far this is true or feasible. Looks as though the more advanced an appliance the more it can be misused. Quote: Chinese Appliances are Shipping...
The story of how the electric guitar was invented is told here: https://gizmodo.com/how-the-electric-guitar-was-invented-1453939129 An EE (Adolph Rickenbacker) was half the team.
Apple's Retina Macbook Pro (late 2013 edition) offered an upgrade over the previous models with a better Haswell processor from Intel, improved battery life and of course a faster 802.11ac...
BMW has planned to launch its Electric Car - The BMW i3 in India in 2014. Developed and designed as a part of BMW's 'Project i', a program aimed to...