Smart phones with front facing speakers

I almost find it stupid that most of the smart phones have rear facing speakers. I think front facing speakers, except for the ear-phone is a must in smartphones and tablets because that's where they should be. Agreed - it may not go with the design; but it's just as important as a front facing camera, I guess. Yet, many phones continue to have the main speaker at the back; making it almost impossible to use as a conferencing device.

The recently launched XOLO A500 has front facing speakers and I think that's a very good move. Can we make a list of all such phones?

Replies

• Netradeep Dhonde
    Netradeep Dhonde
    Many Htc phones are coming with front mounted speakers after the trend was initialized by Htc One....also Samsung Galaxy Music has such speakers
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    HTC 608T, HTC Butterfly on lists.
    I had missed this feature a lot as i listen to music on speakers a lot.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think that manufacturers these days are focusing on the primary specifications. Most phones these days compete each other on the screen size, thickness and camera. Placing the speakers on the back is a trade-off to allow use of the front for the largest-screen/thinnest-bezel possible.
    May be the manufacturers are thinking, people are always using earphone these days anyway?
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Recently launched XOLO Play Tegra Note tablet is in the list. It has twin front faced speakers which gives the user a wonderful experience while watching movies or playing hardcore games.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like smartphones with front facing speakers are now getting in gear. Here's a short list of all the smartphones in 2015 that have front facing speakers.
    1. Motorola Moto G
    2. HTC Desire 826
    3. HTC Desire Eye
    4. Google Nexus 6
    5. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
    6. Xperia Z4
    7. HTC One E9+
    8. HTC One M9 and M9+
    9. HTC One M8
    10. Moto G (2nd Gen)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Toyota Etios Cross SUV was unveiled at the ongoing Auto Expo in Delhi. It was high time that Toyota had to introduce a competitor to Ford EcoSport and Renault's Duster...
Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Inc. wants his company to develop an Android phone, reports Wired Magazine. Do you agree?
Clear car rental is a startup based out of Aurangabad in Maharashtra. Sachin Kate, the founder of Clear car rental, moved out of his native place in Marathwada for basic...
Google has today launched a new tool for video conferencing called 'Chromebox for Meetings' that it says should make the process of making video calls in offices and homes easier...
Engineers at CERN are planning for a new Large Hadron Collider, called "Future Circular Collider' aka FCC. The FCC will be 7x more powerful than the current one and have...