Site Suggestion: How about add comment feature to a post for clarification request on any Post?

Please check screenshot for clarification

It will improve thread quality a lot for at least technical sections

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As I understand it - you're looking for a feature that allows in-line comment. That is your comment on a reply appears immediately below it; right?

Well, it's going to need significant changes to the system. I'm not sure if we'll have it anytime soon; but there's an improved version of 'quotes' coming in the next few days. Plus, if you need clarification, you can always @mention the user.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes I can understand it will change code structure a lot, but it will really help users to focus on content

Quotes and all are separate things, my real point is to let user focus on content for technical sections only, for other such as cafe it is not really required
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I understand and it actually comes down to personal preference. Sometimes, a lot of useful content gets hidden in those comments. We might work out a way to pop the most useful responses at the top. No promises though.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Agreed , Technically It should be fairly simply currently system is fetching replies sort by created time, it would be a better idea to just sort them through no of likes received 😉

Just a suggestion 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    CE is about discussion where as, StackExchange is about question and answer.
    But I do suggest to mark a post as answer if question asked and move it to top.
    Both, thread creator and moderator should be allowed to do so.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

cn u plz sugst some gud institute fot testing in nagpur??is seed good enough?
The first update to Windows 8.1 of Microsoft has leaked today. The early build includes a number of changes that Microsoft is making to improve the keyboard and mouse users...
TATA Motors, the motor giant from India looks set to re-join the domestic competition with it unveiling two new cars in the Delhi Auto Expo. This is the first launch...
I am quite sure by now you've noticed (the colors are OMG! so bright!) the images with links to the respective section in the sidebar. I would like to share...
I'm sharing this video with all of you and it's going to give you an important message. Do watch this video even thought the title of this discussion looks complicated....