Simple One! - Flowers

Seeing No puzzle being posted from past three days, thought of posting one, but a simple one.

There is a pond, and it has four temples around it. The duty of a florist there is to distribute the flowers to these temples. Can you tell me what is the minimum number of flowers that he can get in the begging (N), keeping the following in mind?

He should get some flowers (N). {N not equal to 0}.
He should dip all of them in the pond.
Give some flowers (say A) to 1st temple.
Again dip the remaining flowers in the pond.
Give the same number of flowers(A) to 2nd temple.
Again dip the remaining flowers in the pond and so on...... until the 4th temple. After giving the flowers to the 4th temple, he should be remaining with nothing.

Note that, every time he dips the flowers, the number of flowers will be doubled.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    One.
    Whatever N is, N flowers remain after doubling and giving away N.
    This is true evenif there are an infinity of temples.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Initially he got N=15 flowers and offer 16 flowers at each temple.😀
    I think you missed the condition that every time flowers get double after dipping in pond.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Let us see. I have one flower, which becomes two after dipping. I give one and have one left, which again becomes two. I just repeaat. This does not violate the given logic except that N=A, which is not a restriction given.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    bioramani
    One.
    Whatever N is, N flowers remain after doubling and giving away N.
    This is true evenif there are an infinity of temples.
    I don't think so..... Or may be I did not understand you Sir!
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    ianoop
    Correct.....

I think you missed the condition that every time flowers get double after dipping in pond.
    I did not miss that, I have put that in Note.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    ianoop

I wonder how you arrived at the answer, If you have missed seeing the Note!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The note says that if the flowers are dipped they double. I see a requirement that the flowers must be dipped every time.
    Quote:Again dip the remaining flowers in the pond and so on...... until the 4th temple.Endquote
    I assumed that you do not dip at the last temple.At the last but one temple if the flowers are dipped one has 2N flowers. Give N each to the two remaining temples.
    In ianoop's solution the flowers are dipped at the fourth tank also.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    bioramani
    I assumed that you do not dip at the last temple
    . We should dip the flowers that is remaining, after you give it to the third temple, and then proceed with the 4th temple.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    I did not miss that, I have put that in Note.
    Ohh.. I over sighted assuming as signature footer😖.
    I came across these type of question in childhood days😉
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    ianoop
    I came across these type of question in childhood days😉
    Oh good. Then why don't you share "these type of question" with us. That would be nice.
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    there can be man
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Seeing No puzzle being posted from past three days, thought of posting one, but a simple one.

There is a pond, and it has four temples around it. The duty of a florist there is to distribute the flowers to these temples. Can you tell me what is the minimum number of flowers that he can get in the begging (N), keeping the following in mind?

Again dip the remaining flowers in the pond and so on...... until the 4th temple. After giving the flowers to the 4th temple, he should be remaining with nothing.

Note that, every time he dips the flowers, the number of flowers will be doubled.
    there can be many answer to this
    1.N=15 and he put 16 flower per temple
    2.N=30.................32.......................
    3.N=45.................48......................
    and so on
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    there can be man
    Prashanth_p@cchi

and so on
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    there can be man
    Prashanth_p@cchi

and so on

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any sensors to detect the bad odour.......and can we avoid the bad odour coming from industries like paper industry
i am a electrical engg. final year student . got here while surfing net for my project. can anybody help me for my project 🎉
i'm in my third year of engineering! what all certifications should i have? i have the SCJP with me! what else?
Microsoft has made it official that the next Windows, The Windows 8 will be released to the masses on October 26, 2012. Microsoft is betting big on the next version...
Walkman - the brand got synonymous with the personal music players. Sony's launched F800 - the Android powered walkman with a cool 3.5" display. Yeah, it's a touch screen and...