Sidebar Feedback

CEans,

As you might have noticed that we have introduced a sidebar on CE Forums. The sidebar is collapsible, so those who don't want it can close it.

Should we continue the sidebar or remove it? Let us know through comments.

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    it let be continue ..as it is showing the latest happening in CE from the very first page.and burning topic is also covering there.
    one thing i want to know that is side bar is updating or not cause i have replied on a post still its showing 0 replies on that post coming back to see on forum page.

and in which manner the topic is putting in Hottest thread -based on the replies?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. In order to reduce the server load, the latest threads updates every 60 minutes.
    2. Hottest thread is calculated based upon number of replies and recency of the messages.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    60 minutes isn't to much time ? or will it be down further .
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    whether the sidebar operation is ajax powered
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    cant it be on the right hand side 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @opti: Yes it can be. Do we need that sidebar though? It can be used to display some useful information.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    just the right side bar is enough and cool I think

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Raining thunder now in chennai... see the report
Microsoft Office 2010 with Office Mobile Service (OMS) or a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 account will enable users send and receive SMS from within its interface. This feature can also...
friends.... im doing ma sixthsemster electronics and electrical engineering.... ineed a study project topic... can any one suggetst me sum study topics related to substaion or any other things related...
what factors should a fresher learn before saying yes to employer? and to contract? and most importantly how should one get the details?how can they approach? I know some employers...
Can anybody please suggest any useful link to start learning LINUX(ubuntu)?😕