learning LINUX

Can anybody please suggest any useful link to start learning LINUX(ubuntu)?๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you looking to learn any specific thing about uBuntu? If you have already installed it, you can learn it by using it on your own ๐Ÿ˜€ . That's the best way to learn. If you have questions you can of course ask them here. If you are totally new to uBuntu, following link should get you started -

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    check Ubuntu Forums .

its a great place for newbies in ubuntu to learnt it easily . lots of volunteers are always waiting to help you regarding anything in Ubuntu.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I agree, UbuntuForums is a great place to get common doubts answered in short time. They have a very active community ๐Ÿ˜€ . But I'm sure we've lots of Linux enthusiasts here on CE as well. I've installed uBuntu 10.04 on my Dell Inspiron and I'm really loving it. In fact, CE office may have all uBuntu workstations ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • techworm
    techworm
    Thanks....
    I am totally new to linux....is it right to start with Ubuntu?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    techworm
    Thanks....
    I am totally new to linux....is it right to start with Ubuntu?
    have you installed uBuntu? Which version?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Yes..Ubuntu is a good place to learn. And Learning the basic commands like pipelining commands and file task related commands would be the good start CEan ๐Ÿ˜€..
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    This link could help you a bit

Basic Linux Commands
  • techworm
    techworm
    The_Big_K
    have you installed uBuntu? Which version?
    i am downloading ubuntu 10.04..but not yet installed..
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    see the man files (command > man ) for commands information.... Ubuntu provides a better collection of softwares, if you want to have fun while working. otherwise many other linux distro are same. You can learn shell programming to better suit your needs. There are plenty of resources on it. you don't need references just google.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Techworm, the best way to learn ubuntu is by trial.

Start using it, whenever you face a problem ... search on google or the forums. You will find an answer.
  • ambastha
    ambastha
    Its very easy to use ubuntu. Just explore it after installation. Or if you don't want to install it, then you can play with 'live CDs' of linux. Knoppix can be a nice way to start. Keep exploring !
  • jd3cker
    jd3cker
    A tip for learning Linux, as you will most likely screw something up (This is a good thing!). Install a version of ubuntu in a virtual machine (try Virtual box, its free) on top of an OS you are familiar with, like Windows. That way you can keep doing your normal work and practice Nixing at your convenience. If you break your Linux install beyond repair, simply boot up another VM.
  • abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    how to activate wifi in ubuntu i mean i dont know how to set the proxy address of the wifi
  • jd3cker
    jd3cker
    abhinaykumar
    how to activate wifi in ubuntu i mean i dont know how to set the proxy address of the wifi
    This can be a frustrating task depending on your wireless card. I spent a good amount of time trying to get wireless to work with a new Netgear wireless USB adapter, ended up just hard wiring. I was however able to successfully get it working on my laptop.

Try this link WifiDocs/WiFiHowTo - Community Help Wiki , it may be of assistance to you.

Good luck!
  • abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    thanx for ur reply boss... i vl chek it out

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

VNIT Nagpur along with INDIAN AIR FORCE Maintenance Command Nagpur & RKNEC Nagpur is organizing Fourth ISSS National Conference on Microsystems, Smart Materials, Structures. Date: Sept 30 - Oct 01,...
Hi how many RPM require to cut thr gravity And to lift 50 to 60 kg Weight vertically........ replyy on my mobile give miss call
CEans, We are planning for round 2 of CE promotions among colleges & universities. In the round 2; we are planning to make a rocking poster (with your feedback, of...
CEan you know my blog address(If not see my signature). It is not fascinating right?.I Want to improve my both blogs Java Programmer's Blog and also for Tech Savvy's Blog...
hello i am computer science btech final year student.. this year no company come to visit our campus.. so i got no offer.. all of you please suggest ways how...