Should humans be called/treated as resources?

Let's face it. Almost every company has the HR department. HR stands for Human Resources department.

I've a question. Can we really call 'humans' as 'resources'? You have office furniture, computers, power supply, stationery et al that is grouped under 'resources'. But is it okay to put humans into the same league?

Think about it and drop your answer in response to this post. Let's see what our engineers think.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I think the humans have and supply resources via talents and skills. Thus in the HR title it is a possessive case statement.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Okay, this is not an easy one. Identify the following logo - Source: Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing
hai , i need a topic for advance electrical seminar for 4th year piz help me.😀
Whats a Skyscraper? Let us start with what does a skyscraper mean: Quoting a wikipedia definition here, "A skyscraper is a tall, continuously habitable building. There is no official definition...
Source: Microsoft gearing up for layoffs? Let's hope not | The Open Road - CNET News Couple of sources including cnet has indicated that Microsoft may fire over 9000 employees!...
hi everyone.. i just have a small query...is the direct injection of petrol a commercially successfull one? if so where.... because gasoline direct injection engines are in use for luxury...