Shell script in linux

hi,
please tell me commands in linux that shows u how to create shell scripts in linux enter data and save and how to view the data and how to append the data and shortcuts in shell scripting.😀

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Use vim or gedit or any editor to write shell script

syntax is : chmod permission your-script-name

for eg:
    $ chmod +x your-scipt-name
    $ chmod 755 your-script-name [will Read-write & execute for owner(7), while for group & other permission is read & execute(5)]

Executing the script:
    $ bash bar(your-script-name)
    $ sh bar(your-script-name)
    $ ./bar(your-script-name)

. command-name
    for example
    $ .trollhard

Now try shell scripting
    Open Gedit or Vim
    type;

$ vi first
    #
    #My first shell script
    #
    clear
    echo "Trolls are cute"
    Save the script & run using below command using "Executing the script" commands given above.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiiii CEns A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts...
In what way is the term chisel energy associated with piling? with regards, gopal (gopaldeshpande6@gmail.com)
Hello friends, happy to share Notes On Superposition Theorem, Norton & Thevenin theorems. Hope you will enjoy them. Check out and let me know if you like them. I'll be...
Hello, everyone! I am Alesh Vardhan and I am a B.Tech 3rd year student of Electronics and Communication branch from Greater Noida. I am also Secretary of Literary Society of...
I am Adewole Olayemi Adedeji.Am a nigerian.I am a student of Houdegbe North America University.Sex:male Age:23-08-1991 Place of birth:Osun State Nationality:Nigeria Hobbies: Swimming,Playing Football,Dancing Browsing and Reading