Shall we relaunch CE Bulletin?

CEans,

I was thinking if we should re-launch the monthly CE Bulletin. Currently we send forum updates to all our members. Do you think re-launching CE Bulletin makes sense?

We'll need a passionate team of CEans to make the CE Bulletin happen every month. The current plan is to form an entirely new team of CEans which will be responsible for everything related to CE Bulletin.

What do you think?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    What is the focus and mission of the new bulletin? Are there currently format ideas in place? Will it be posted, e-mailed to members whom sign up, or both?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I was never in favor of closing down of the CE bulletin. But I agree that we lacked ownership. This activity needs volunteers. Anyway, I think we should launch it. We will feature interesting things in it. Say

1. Interview with CEan of the month, picked by mods, admin and editors. This will be posted back on CE a week after an email.
    2. Debate of the month.
    3. Small talk of the month, a glimpse.
    4. This month's crazy contest.
    5. CE trivia.
    6. CE project updates, new project launches.
    7. Jobs on CE (featured)

There can be many more things. Let your ideas flow.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    So this bulletin is monthly? Should be quite useful 😀 I guess we can post it at both the front page along with e-mailing.. sort of like a "latest" news thing. We can decrease the font size of the main page and fit the bulletin in.

Why form a new team? Can't we leave it to our dear CE editors? *grin* Might need to start expanding the team, I suppose.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    Why form a new team? Can't we leave it to our dear CE editors? *grin*
    *grrrr* :evil:Some body is jealous eh?

I have already said I'm available for this task. I don't think we need to expand the team. We just need a dedicated guy with an eye for creativity and common sense.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm available too - but part time. We'll have to form a CE Bulletin Team which may or may not include editorial team members.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I think one person from the editorial team can just oversee the bulletin and contribute occasionally. We might also have core members writing articles and being a guest editor occasionally. How do you like this idea? :!:
  • gohm
    gohm
    Maybe because some members have been dying to be more involved with the site for some time but don't have the daily hours available to put in like a moderator would? ;-)

ash
    So this bulletin is monthly? Should be quite useful 😀 I guess we can post it at both the front page along with e-mailing.. sort of like a "latest" news thing. We can decrease the font size of the main page and fit the bulletin in.

Why form a new team? Can't we leave it to our dear CE editors? *grin* Might need to start expanding the team, I suppose.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Maybe because some members have been dying to be more involved with the site for some time but don't have the daily hours available to put in like a moderator would? ;-)
    :smile: Yep. Since this is going to be a monthly newsletter, Bulletin team members won't have to invest more than 5-6 hours every month.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    *innocent look*

Alright, before anyone misunderstands me, I only meant that those interested can join under the umbrella of CE Editorial.. I never meant for it to be "exclusive" 😛 Hence "expansion" of the editorial team.

They may have a title called CE Editorial (Bulletin) or something. Thats more impressive than having a new team dedicated for bulletin.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Alright lets have 1 or 2 dedicated guys. Me and biggie have done it before, so we can provide outside help. Let us know if we can have volunteers.

PS: Beware ! The volunteers (other than the core editorial committee members ) will be put to a test 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, we should utilize the Job section. List all the positions needed for Crazy Engineers 😉 More visible that way.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to create a network connection between a desktop and a laptop?
hi im new to the forum..... please guide me wid the latest technology available😀
i request u to send me any of the latest developments in the technology in the electronics stream.. im pursuing my prefinal yr.. in UG..(electronics and communication engineering) ... i...
hello you all i am new mwember of your team
hai frnds i am new member of crazy enggn's.I would like to know some project topics that I will be able to do during my Last Semester.Currently I'm doing my...