Setting different volume for Headphones and Speakers

Is there any way to set volume for Laptop speakers and headphones differently.
i.e can I set ,say 70% volume for headphones and 22% volume for speakers, so that when I plug in headphones, the volume goes up to 70.
I am using Windows 7 . It would be better to know if there is some free software to do the task.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's an interesting question. I'm wondering if that's even possible. I'm not a Windows user, but I'd look at the audio settings - and see if there are special volume settings. Can Windows users quickly find out ways to do this?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    A single audio card can not in the best of my knowledge do so. If you are using more than one audio cards then this is easier to do

Another alternative is adjusting the volume knobs in the speaker and the headphones Which are using to vary the sound

PS: Computer is not so wise to differentiate the head phone and a speaker. It just sees that a jack is plugged into the speaker port

But if there are ways to do the same using a single sound card I am eager to learn them
  • Mortane
    Mortane
    Conqueror
    A single audio card can not in the best of my knowledge do so. If you are using more than one audio cards then this is easier to do

Another alternative is adjusting the volume knobs in the #-Link-Snipped-# speaker and the headphones Which are using to vary the sound

PS: Computer is not so wise to differentiate the head phone and a speaker. It just sees that a jack is plugged into the speaker port

But if there are ways to do the same using a single sound card I am eager to learn them
    That seems to be a good reply. I have never thought like adjusting different volumes. But it seems to be possible now
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Conqueror
    Its depends on motherboard+driver intelligence.
    In my system when I plug into jack, No matter which socket speaker/mic/or any of the 5.1 output, it asked me what I have plugged in. So in case of my machine I don't have bother about which socket I plugged in.

On original question,
    I didn't saw any preset about it in my machine but this can be done. but your driver should be intelligent enough to differentiate between headphone and speaker.
    Usually speakers are connected on rear socket of machine while headphone on front socket and it is same for laptops also.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Designation : Associate Software Engineer (ASE) Eligibility Criteria • Only BE/B.Tech & MCA - 2012 academic batch. • 60% and above aggregate without any standing backlog. • 55% and above...
Dear All, I'm in need of a suggestions/comments from the experts here about my career. I'm 5+ experienced java resource. Recently i got offer from Cognizant and Infosys. Now i'm...
hey! if i confirm master with jumper without OS inside and slave with OS, the computer ll boot? if no WHY? and if yes WHY?
What can be more appropriate for a conference on recycling than build a pavilion with tetrapak milk cartons. https://inhabitat.com/amazing-tetra-...5000-milk-cartons-wins-guinness-world-record/
Chuck of all trades beware! Here comes Below Absolute Zero. Physicists in Germany believe that they have created an ultra-cooled gas that goes "beyond absolute zero" into negative Kelvin temperatures....