sets

85 are married, 80 have cars, 75 have phones, and 70 have houses. How many minimumpersons are married, have phone, car and houses on a scale of 100.
......................show me the steps for solving this.😕

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Banashree Patra
    85 are married, 80 have cars, 75 have phones, and 70 have houses. How many minimumpersons are married, have phone, car and houses on a scale of 100.
    ......................show me the steps for solving this.😕
    If the total number of people is 100,
    then the minimum number of those who are both married and have houses is 85 + 70 - 100 = 55 ...(1)
    and the minimum number of those who have both car and phone is 80 + 75 - 100 = 55...(2)
    From this, the number of those who are married and have house and car and phone is 55 + 55 - 100 = 10

I am sorry that this is not a formal way of doing it. However, I had not done any course on set theory. I am sure there are many CEans, who can give you a structured answer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Generally it is observed that electricity is transmitted in multiples of 11KV,such as 110KV,220KV,33KV,440KV etc .Why it is so ?. How-ever recently it is found that transmission voltage is 750KV...
Maximum level of pulverization in popular Bowl & Roller coal mills(XRP-880,XRP-630) is 70 mesh size. This invariably results in unburnt in slag ash & sometimes in fly ash also which...
I'm inviting all CEans to share photos, videos, articles about your own robotic creations. Your robot could be a very simple one or the TERMINATOR - we're looking for all,...
Purdue University is carrying out tests to check the effect of fire on steel structures used in Nuclear Plant constructions. I think this is a good topic of discussion for...
What do our engineers think about the best android tablet available at a price less than Rs. 20000 in India? Reliance, Airtel and other companies have launched their tablets in...