sensor to detect bad odour

is there any sensors to detect the bad odour.......and can we avoid the bad odour coming from industries like paper industry

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    hems
    is there any sensors to detect the bad odour.......and can we avoid the bad odour coming from industries like paper industry
    You need a Smell Sensor? But not sure how to avoid such smells.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Finding something like universal "bad odor" sensor would be difficult. Though, if you can identify the gas leading to bad odor, you've much increased chance of getting a sensor for it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Industrial odours have to be controlled at point of emission. Some bad odours become scents when diluted a lot!
    Quote:
    Civet
    Civet is one of the most important animal materials used for perfume. It is taken from a pouch under the tails of male and female civet cats. Civet has a very strong smell, but is diluted and used in minute quantities. The scent is similar to musk, but has a more smoky, sweaty aroma. It is an excellent fixative, and used in many top-quality perfumes today. Civet is available in artificial substitutes.

Endquote
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • hems
    hems
    thank you for your replies..i got some idea about it..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am a electrical engg. final year student . got here while surfing net for my project. can anybody help me for my project 🎉
i'm in my third year of engineering! what all certifications should i have? i have the SCJP with me! what else?
Microsoft has made it official that the next Windows, The Windows 8 will be released to the masses on October 26, 2012. Microsoft is betting big on the next version...
Walkman - the brand got synonymous with the personal music players. Sony's launched F800 - the Android powered walkman with a cool 3.5" display. Yeah, it's a touch screen and...
When I graduated (in 2003), IT was an established sector where engineers would rush to get jobs! Why? Because IT offered everything that people would just dream about and it...