Priyalak
Priyalak
Branch Unspecified
08 Jan 2009

Securing wireless router network

Hello friend

I have got a query. I have installed a wireless router at home. At a time 2 people can access the net using it. At present only one wireless port is under use. I would like to make sure that the network is secure. I meant to say that I would like to make sure that no one else uses this service other than me when the router is switched on. How can I ensure this? A few people are residing in 10m distance from it. Please help.:sad:
PARTH.DP

PARTH.DP

Branch Unspecified
10 years ago
you can secure your network.simply connect to the ip address of tour router.go in the security menuand keep password protedted .i did this for my wi-fi network.best of luck.
Priyalak

Priyalak

Branch Unspecified
10 years ago
Thank you for that piece of information. 😀
ashuashi

ashuashi

Branch Unspecified
10 years ago
Priyalak
Hello friend

I have got a query. I have installed a wireless router at home. At a time 2 people can access the net using it. At present only one wireless port is under use. I would like to make sure that the network is secure. I meant to say that I would like to make sure that no one else uses this service other than me when the router is switched on. How can I ensure this? A few people are residing in 10m distance from it. Please help.:sad:
What router you are using? You need to login to the router through its IP address. You can find the same in its manual - most probably. User the user name - admin (default access) password - admin or password in some cases. You can enable the security feature by giving your own password to access net through wi-fi. Also you can change the settings of connecting multiple users thru wi-fi if required by enabling the ip-addresses.

hope it helps, ;-)

regards,

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.