Scrap Class 10 board exams

#-Link-Snipped-#

As per Kapil SIbal's announcement:
1. Class 10th Exams are optional.
"There has to be an alternative system other than exams," Sibal said. According to the minister, since the students continued in the same school even after Class 10, board exams were not required.

2. Marks system is going to convert in Grading system

If these decisions are implemented; does they going to help or ruin the indian education system?

Pour in your comments folks...

-CB

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    crazyboy
    #-Link-Snipped-#

As per Kapil SIbal's announcement:
    1. Class 10th Exams are optional.
    "There has to be an alternative system other than exams," Sibal said. According to the minister, since the students continued in the same school even after Class 10, board exams were not required.

2. Marks system is going to convert in Grading system

If these decisions are implemented; does they going to help or ruin the indian education system?

Pour in your comments folks...

-CB
    If the alternative is grading system,then there won;t be any big improvement, in the system, because, at present, HSC admission is done based on the mark ranges.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    They are definitely going to ruin the education system.
    In the presence of board exam in class 10,students will get to know that it is just a common exam and nothing to worry about it.So,they will be alright when they come to class 12.It will be a practice and mindset also will be good when they reach class 12.
    Hope the board exams in class 10 continue.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If Board for 10th class gets eliminated , thats a good sign.

Since students are being stressed by parents and teachers to score marks .

Many schools for sake of advertisements , in false ways secure highest marks for their students which eventually increases the stress in students of that school and the students with highest total as well.

As people discussed here , students have to face the board fear directly in intermediate is a problem too.

But eliminating board and implementing different type of grading system will kae students better.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    The value of 10th class gets lost as most of them are employed with that basic qualification.Entire indian education system will be at a loss.its not commendable.
  • thisisananth
    thisisananth
    The basic goal of education is to impart basic knowledge and make the student learn to think. To achieve this, it is not at all necessary to conduct exams.

Currently, the exam system is such that we mug up whatever is required to pass the exams and write them and basically forget about them. If that is what examinations are achieving, it is beneficial to give them away.

But exams were helpful in one thing, to distinguish between a person who put the effort to pass and who knows something and the person who doesnt know anything in the subject. If we remove the exam system, some other methods need to be evolved to grade the people and recognize who knows and who doesnt. By X standard, we learn the basics of almost everything required and it should be taught in a way that the student understands it. Then some practical tests might be administered which actually makes use of learned knowledge to solve a problem or develop something, which proves that the student has really learnt it. Then the goal of education would have been attained.

Now though scrapping the exams might relieve the pressure of students and parents alike, it is just a start in the right direction. In the short term it might look that there are more negative effects of it, but it would put pressure to evolve better methods to grade the employability of the person. If the tests stress on the practical application of knowledge, then surely importance of understanding the concepts increases, improving the quality of education. If the students can use the concepts and principles learned and practically apply to build something creatively then exams by themselves will become obsolete as the students work will directly prove his/her worth

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was just reading news on Web, came across the following news and thought would generate interest in CEan's to do something as innovative as this is. Posting the same:...
hi friends. recently i installed IE-8 i my machine. but i want IE6 back now. can any one tell me how to do that!. i tried add/remove windows components. but...
IIT - Guwahati presents: Techniche 2009 3-6 September, 2009. Official Website: Techniche '09 | Techniche About Techniche (taken from official website) - To illuminate the darkest corners of your minds,...
I want course details for partime M.E and fees details in tamilnadu.😕
Hi friends, I want to discuss an interesting topic related to online calculator. Engineering - Solve complex equations on click of Button all FREE! This tool is very good...