SCJP Preparation

hi all,

I am a 2009 graduate in computer science and i am searching for a job. Since i have an aggregate less than 60% i found that getting a gud software job is very difficult. Somebody suggested me to take up scjp exam which shows my proficiency in java language. I am a good programmer also. Now please tell me if i get an scjp certificate then is it possible for me to get a good software job? Also please tell me how to prepare for scjp and how to apply for that exam?
Is it necessary for me to go to institutes like NIIT or is it enough if i study some online material or a good book meant for scjp?😕

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Re: scjp

if you are clear with basic basic syntax and structure of the Java programming language then no need to join institutes

You can approach any prometric center(for eg NIIT, seed), pay the amount and get the voucher. The voucher is valid till 1 year.

they give particular date to write online exam on the date you need to go and write the online exam

Available in two flavors – 5.0 and 6.0.

Check out the entire java certification path at –

#-Link-Snipped-#

I think..
    The exam actually costs $150*

A minimum of 58.33%* (35 questions out of 60) is required to clear the exam. And the time duration for the exam is 3 hours.

PS :-wait for SUNs offer period

*Source:- random search on net
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh

khalid mughal,kethy sierra are the nice books for preparation 😀
  • suzane
    suzane

It is a fairly detailed test of basic knowledge of the essentials of the Java programming language. It tests looping constructs and variables, and does not cover specific technologies such as GUI creation, Web or network programming. The exam tests how well a programmer has understood the language constructs and not the programmer's capability to write efficient algorithms.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Finally, the highly anticipated film from director Karan Johar and starring Shahrukh Khan and Kajol, will open in theaters worldwide on Valentine’s Day weekend, that is, February 12, 2010. My...
hi... i am a electronics and telecommunication engineer(third year)...i want to do some project releted to digital communication...please help me if any one has some idea....also please suggest some links...
This is Sreekanth from Hyderabad. I am studying B.tech final year in sreenidhi institute of science and technology. my discipline is computer science. I need any java new projects.
Hello everyone, Myself Nikhil Bansal from Engineering College Bikaner. I am from Electronics & communication stream 3rd year. Love to work with new and interesting projects for humanity.
1.Flashface. make anybody’s face using this website it is really cool.... Ultimate Flash Face v0.42b 2.SoundSnap. free any sound effects and loops Soundsnap.com: High Quality Sound Effects and Loops 3.Just...