Science & Non Duality

The logo of the upcoming conference on 'Science and Non Duality' caught my attention -
sand_logo_new

The conference has been scheduled between October 24th-28th, 2012 at San Rafael, California and May 28th - June 2nd, 2013 at Doorn, The Netherlands. Since the eons, the sages have believed that there's only one substance and we're just a part of it. In the past decades, the western scientists have arrived at the same conclusion. Science and non-duality is just a journey.

Official website: #-Link-Snipped-#

Video:

I'm surprised that there are no Indian speakers at the conference. Probably the world is arriving at believing in what Indian sages have said for the centuries.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    😁
    I love these topics. They dont have a specific answer or say a defined explaination. Albert Einstein (i just cant resist pulling him into the discussion) always feared such type of coorindation and had been dejected .
    The spooky action in distance of quantum mechanics.
    This para "Duality, or separation between the observer and the observed, is an illusion that the Eastern mystics have long recognized and Western science has more recently come to understand through quantum mechanics"
    has its base its the fundamental reserach on quantum entaglement , where they proved that the minute subatomic particles are in pairs and any measurement done (implies state disturbance) on one particle of the pair affects the other particle in the pair.
    Anyone who can share information it , is oh-so-much welcomed
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I read the biographies of the speakers and most of them seem to have an India connection through their gurus or 'gurus of gurus'. The more I read on the topic, the more black-holish (absorbing 😉 ) effect it has on me. I tend to stay away, but the force is just too big to do it. By the way, has science been decisive on the duality aspect?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    As far as Quantum mechanics is considered, non duality has been proved experimentally but nonduality doesnot specifically apply to larger bodies I suppose. Obviously hitting me ,wont have any affect on anyone sitting in Africa.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Can you give a brief explanation on this duality and non-duality in layman terms if possible. I heard about it before but I never pursued it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Duality - the created (we among the much larger things) are separate from the Creator.

Non-duality - There is one universal consciousness that manifests itself as the myriad objects much like a movie on a blank screen or lighted pixels on a monitor going through complex activities, while the Reality is just plain Stasis, which is silent, invariant.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    durga
    As far as Quantum mechanics is considered, non duality has been proved experimentally but nonduality doesnot specifically apply to larger bodies I suppose. Obviously hitting me ,wont have any affect on anyone sitting in Africa.
    I don't have a good understanding of non-duality. But after reading your reply, I am reminded of "Butterfly Effect"(Chaos theory).
    The butterfly effect is a term used in chaos #-Link-Snipped-# to describe how small changes to a seemingly unrelated thing or condition (also known as an initial condition) can affect large, complex systems. The term comes from the suggestion that the flapping of a butterfly's wings in South America could affect the weather in Texas, meaning that the tiniest influence on one part of a system can have a huge effect on another part. Taken more broadly, the butterfly effect is a way of describing how, unless all factors can be accounted for, large systems like the weather remain impossible to predict with total accuracy because there are too many unknown variables to track.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This year's Physics Nobel Prize goes to two physicists, who separately seem to upset the (quantum) apple cart.

Physics Nobel goes to Serge Haroche and David Wineland - BBC News

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir,
    I am still trying to read the whole document, but the context in which the research has been done is amazing. 😁
    havent read the whole document, but just wondering - is it going to break Heisenberg's uncertainity principle???
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    From the home page of SCIENCE AND NONDUALITY (SAND)
    About nonduality:

The central challenge to understanding nonduality may be that it exists beyond language, because once it has been named, by definition -- and paradoxically -- a duality has been created. Even the statement “all things are one” creates a distinction between “one” and “not-one”! Hardly any wonder that nonduality has been misunderstood, particularly in the West.

If I am not wrong the sentence in blue is the topic of debate and the conclusion😨.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wishing you a many many Happy returns of the day Sandy AKA CEan- English-Scared 🎉😁 Party Time!!😁🎉
Just wrote a post detailing top features of Mozilla firefox on Windows 8 metro UI. Check out the brand new interface Mozilla's engineers are developing. I like the minimal UI...
I wrote an article about GE developing high performance sensors to track the temperature and pressure inside the CO2 well. The US government is looking to use the geothermal wells...
i am a final year student of instrumentation branch.
Hi everyone , Greating From Egypt , I am going to make a graduation project in Electrical Control as a production line ( PLC , AC - DC - Stepper...