Samsung TecTiles Programmable Tags Tapping NFC's Potential

Whenever we mention NFC technology, the only thing that comes to our mind is its untapped potential. It still hasn't become a household thing. Today, Samsung has launched TecTiles Programmable NFC Tags for all the NFC-enabled devices in US so that customers can unleash and open NFC's immense usability. Samsung TecTile is nothing bu an app that lets users read & write NFC Programmable Tags. Using this app, we can change settings on our phone, launch applications or dim the display, set an alarm, check-in to places, update social status, or even make phone calls or send text messages automatically. So, now if you have a #-Link-Snipped-# or  #-Link-Snipped-#, you can head start to automating your everyday functions.

[​IMG]

Once an user creates a TecTile using the TecTile app, he/she can place it in a convenient place, then tap the phone to the TecTile to perform the action stored in the TecTile. Samsung has priced this app at $14.99 for a pack of five; while the sticker tags are now available for purchase online and in-store at four carriers - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Those who want to try it out can download the app at the Google Play store.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A team from the University of California at Berkeley is considering cockroaches and geckos for the creation of a novel range of search and rescue robots. The experts have devised...
I have always been a fan of high speed motion control. But when I laid my eyes on this masterpiece of a video, it blew my mind off. The Marmalade,...
MIT's engineers are always on the move - discovering new things to make human life easier and better. The latest research from MIT in the field of biomedical engineering makes...
Aero engineers at the ÉCOLE POLYTECHNIQUE FÉDÉRALE DE LAUSANNE aka EPFL have created a flying robot that won't give up. No matter where it crashes, it gathers guts to get...
NASA engineers are all set for launching their all-new space telescope called NuSTAR (Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array) today. This $165 million, two-year mission is aimed at searching the black holes...