Samsung Galaxy S7 Rips Apple's Live Photos - Will It Be With 3D Touch Though?

Samsung’s Galaxy S7 specs leaked and is going haywire. It has already become a habit for Apple and Samsung; ripping off features and design, leveling accusations and suing each other. As if to fuel one of the biggest brand wars of our time, Samsung’s latest Galaxy S7 leaks suggest that Samsung is happy being a follower by copying Apple’s Live Photos feature.

samsung-galaxy-s7-rumored-specs

The water-resistant Galaxy S7 is said to sport a 3000 mAh battery and a 12 MP camera. But more importantly, Samsung has been working on a technology, “BRITECELL" that allows users to capture better photos in low light. The 5.5 inch curved screen of 1080p resolution, and a very impressive upgrade to the memory could be an instant hit. 4GB of RAM; more the better, with Android. Samsung is also being appreciated for retaining the 3.5 mm jack.

The Galaxy S7 is rumored to include a feature Samsung chooses to call “Timeless Photo” or “Vivid Photo". For those of you who have not experienced Live Photos, here is what it does. On Apple’s iPhones 6 and 6s, when you are capturing a frame, it also records frames before and after the intended frame, with ambient noises. So instead of recording a single frame, you can record the entire moment along with the context. This can later be viewed by hard-pressing the photo. The 3D touch plays a short video of the memory, and also enables the user to set it as the lock screen on iPhone and Apple Watch.

But what Samsung’s Galaxy S7 claims to do, is pretty much the same, but without the audio, so it is pretty much a gif with no looping. Although Samsung also has reported to be working on a pressure sensitive glass to achieve 3D Touch, but according to Apple, it is so complex that they had to reinvent the glass in collaboration with Corning, and make the glass bendable and embed 96 sensors to the back of the backlight. If Samsung is able to deliver the same, it would certainly be commendable and a huge boon to Android lovers.

Apple was able to pull Live Photos off because this feature is powered by 3D touch, and is backed by iOS 9, both visualized by Apple to work harmoniously with one another. This format is so new that social media sites like Facebook, Tumblr and Instagram had to embrace it by adding support. Now, that is leading an industry.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Roal
    Roal
    Its not just Samsung who copied this but also Apple who copied this same feature from Windows Phone running Lumias who got this feature months before iPhones. Only difference is that in Lumia its has superior implementation such that the moving image is a jpeg while in iPhone its basically a short mp4 video. I think the author should take more effort to research his info before embarrising himself or spreading lies. Samsung basically didn't copy Apple they copied Windows Phones feature.
  • Roal
    Roal
    Raagavan Sivaraja
    But what Samsung’s Galaxy S7 claims to do, is pretty much the same, but without the audio, so it is pretty much a gif with no looping.
    What Apple did is nothing other than mp4 video that is very short. That's nothing amazing and actually pretty lazy. Nokia's implementation is much more cool and natural.

Raagavan Sivaraja
    This format is so new that social media sites like Facebook, Tumblr and Instagram had to embrace it by adding support. Now, that is leading an industry
    Nokia implemented living images to its flagship phone in April 2014 and WP users have been using it since the cyan update which happened that time so its not at all new.
  • Roal
    Roal
    Next time when you criticize a manufacturer for copying do get the fact straight and correct all right. I never ventured into tech blog writing because I know I wont get this correct all the time and I leave the job to real professionals but it seems that many don't think like me and go on to publish rubbish day by day.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

JUNO, NASA’s spacecraft designed for its mission to Jupiter, has broken the existing record to become humanity's most distant solar-powered envoy on January 13, 2016. The JPL press release confirmed...
Reliance Jio aspiring to provide last mile connectivity with its cutting edge voice and broadband network, has announced the launch of 4G enabled handsets under the LYF brand and the...
Hello, I have done my bachelor degree in engineering. Now I feel need MS degree also. Currently i'm xyz MNC. I want to continue with job and completed my Degree...
After launching the Coolpad Note 3 back in October 2015, the company has now come out with Coolpad Note 3 Lite for its Indian audience. And just like the Note...
There is a horde of young CEans raring to go. Rupam Das and Anand Madanagopal have shown the way. Today Anand (@SeaBiscuit) won the top prize of the Google contest...