Reliance Jio's New Smartphone LYF Earth 1 Revealed - All You Ought To Know

Reliance Jio aspiring to provide last mile connectivity with its cutting edge voice and broadband network, has announced the launch of 4G enabled handsets under the LYF brand and the first smartphone in the series is called 'LYF Earth 1'. The company is expected to push a country wide roll out is expected in a couple of months. The pre-launch of the company's services was recently made available to some 70,000 of its employees in India to ensure fixing of glitches and bugs before the commercial launch. The company’s new venture assures to offer seamless 4G connectivity without having to fall back on 2G or 3G services. With this you can switch your mobile data connection over the LTE network enabling high quality video calls, up to 7-way conference calls and 4-way video conferences. As all communication is via data, there is no room left for the concept of ‘roaming’.

reliance-lyf-earth-1

The LYF Earth 1 smartphones features a mid-range hardware running Android 5.1.1. Lollipop operating system. A 1.5 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset (paired with 3GB of RAM) offers a hassle free high end gaming experience. The LYF Earth 1 also comes with a 5MP front-facing camera for selfies, 13MP unit for imaging in addition to a smaller 2MP unit, used for depth sensing. The dual cameras at the rear of the handset are likely to be channelled as its showcase feature.​

It boasts of a 5.5-inch Full HD display translating a pixel density of 401 ppi and a 32GB of internal storage that is expandable. Powered by a 3500mAh battery, the LYF Earth 1 brings a Dual Sim slot (micro and nano), weighs about 162 gms and is available only in the colour white.

reliance-Lyf-earth-1-specifications

Reliance Jio plans to offer telecom, high speed data, digital commerce, media and payment services at about an affordable cost of Rs. 300 to Rs. 500 per month. The firm in April last year launched its first mobile application, 'Jio Chat' that integrates chat, voice, video calling, conferencing, file sharing, photo sharing among others.

Even though the pricing and availability details of the LYF Earth 1 smartphone are yet to be unveiled, it is fair to say that with its own brand of smart phones Reliance is all set to expand its base across the country and from the looks of it, raring to go full throttle.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I have done my bachelor degree in engineering. Now I feel need MS degree also. Currently i'm xyz MNC. I want to continue with job and completed my Degree...
After launching the Coolpad Note 3 back in October 2015, the company has now come out with Coolpad Note 3 Lite for its Indian audience. And just like the Note...
There is a horde of young CEans raring to go. Rupam Das and Anand Madanagopal have shown the way. Today Anand (@SeaBiscuit) won the top prize of the Google contest...
Dear all, consider a simple steam turbine system with some feed-water heaters installed before the steam generator. Can you please explain this paragraph in a more understandable manner: 1.In case...
Hello, I have done my bachelor degree in engineering. Now I feel need MS degree also. Currently i'm xyz MNC. I want to continue with job and completed my Degree...