Robot Chassis

was wondering if anyone here could help me, I'm pursuing knowledge on a few things having to do with creating a robotic chassis. basically ill probably never complete this because of lack of funds and time but i always find myself thinking about it.

first ill describe the machine i want to build.
I'm designing a small robot body that is the size of a house cat/small dog. the body will look more along the lines of a large tailed rat or hunched over kangaroo. it will use a small chemical engine rather then electrical. most of the motion would be controlled with hydraulic muscles.

basically i want to design a robot that can do many tasks, mostly cleaning in concept. De weeding, clearing dog poo, highway cleanup...

i guess what i need help with is finding a small motor about the size of a fist or any help on if and how much it would cost to get something like that special made. the type of motor i should use. or any other comments really.

thanks

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    So if I understand correctly you are looking for a hydraulic pump, not traditional motor? Internal combustion powered? Have you fiqured out your operational pressure requirements?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frndzzzz...... i need ur help. i m in final yr IT student . i want some seminar topics in future or advanced technology related computer .if u have some...
Hello I am Shruti Poduval from Andhra Pradesh, India. Happy to be a part of this great community of engineers.
pls tell me that what are the new trends in power electronics and give me the sites
Hi Guys ! I am interested in developing or buying an already developed solution for Dual Tuner Satellite receiver. - Some say Twin Tuner. The Solution should provide for Two...
To follow the template: *Engineering Trade: structural engineering degree/once registered PE in petroleum engineering/now electrical-mechanical engineer in sensor design and manufacturing *Occupation: CEO, though all phases of new product design...