CrazyEngineers
  • enilced
    enilced

MemberSep 2, 2008

Robot Chassis

was wondering if anyone here could help me, I'm pursuing knowledge on a few things having to do with creating a robotic chassis. basically ill probably never complete this because of lack of funds and time but i always find myself thinking about it.

first ill describe the machine i want to build.
    I'm designing a small robot body that is the size of a house cat/small dog. the body will look more along the lines of a large tailed rat or hunched over kangaroo. it will use a small chemical engine rather then electrical. most of the motion would be controlled with hydraulic muscles.

basically i want to design a robot that can do many tasks, mostly cleaning in concept. De weeding, clearing dog poo, highway cleanup...

i guess what i need help with is finding a small motor about the size of a fist or any help on if and how much it would cost to get something like that special made. the type of motor i should use. or any other comments really.

thanks
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • gohm

MemberSep 3, 2008

So if I understand correctly you are looking for a hydraulic pump, not traditional motor? Internal combustion powered? Have you fiqured out your operational pressure requirements?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register