Review - I bought the Monk's Ferrari

I bought the Monk's Ferrari is a book written by 1993 IIM - Bangalore pass
Mr. Ravi Subramanian.

This is a nice self help book which wakes up our dreams and shows the way to fulfill it.

A good read and quite informative , here I gave you the 10 commandments stated in that book..

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The Ferrari here talks about Fortune for Every Right Rigorous and Resourceful Individual.

There are ten commandments stated for a person achieving his Ferrari , here the pinnacle of success referred to as Ferrari.

1 . To acquire the Ferrari you need to ASPIRE and when you aspire, do not compromise for anything but the best.
    ASPIRE - A Strategic Plan for Individuals which Revisits and Restates Expectations.

2 .Be optimistic , chase the negative thoughts away. A positive frame of mind will surely get you closer to your Ferrari..

3. Do not Whine and whimper about work -life balance.Be the winner, not the wimp and the Ferrari will b yours.

4. Set and follow the highest standard of Integrity in your personal and Professional lives. IF you are high on Integrity , people will respect and value you.The Ferrari when it comes stay with you.

5. Value your own time and the rest of others , and be rest assured that Ferrari will come to you.

6. No one is perfect. The moment you think you are , it is the count down to doomsday. Earning the Ferrari is all about constantly upgrading yourself,improving skill-sets and equipping yourself for the future.And for this the initiative has to be yours.

7. Identify the owners of the Ferrari and align with them. If you are in the company of successful people , their success will rub off on you . But you need to back it up with stellar performance. If you live in Ferrari town chances are you will get to drive one sooner.

8. Share your success with others , if you commit to uplift the downtrodden , you will become the true owner of Ferrari.

9.Remain fighting fit and be in perfect shape. No one will entrust with the Ferrari if you are not fit enough to drive it.Work hard, exercise harder , build stamina , and keep illness at bay.This is sure shot way of getting into the driver's seat.

10. If you have followed the commandments with dedication and determination , it is the time to build a profile for yourself . Target your audience and announce your achievements . You will own the Ferrari in no time.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Philosophical !!!

A Good read when you are not feeling sleepy ๐Ÿ˜, and you have to sleep as you want to wake up early next day. Read 10 pages and you are gone... ๐Ÿ˜

@ES - no offence mean, I am not a big fan of Philosphicals (Its my view only, Others may not agree on this). Anyways, Nice review."

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yeah CB.

We should respect opinions of everybody ๐Ÿ˜€

So no problem.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I respect others and their choices. Thats why I specifically edited that "no offence mean, I am not a big fan of Philosphicals (Its my view only, Others may not agree on this). Anyways, Nice review."

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    crazyboy
    I respect others and their choices. Thats why I specifically edited that "no offence mean, I am not a big fan of Philosphicals (Its my view only, Others may not agree on this). Anyways, Nice review."

-CB

Dude i didnt get offended by your comments, Everyone has a right to post their views until and unless it hurts others.
    So your views are perfect and i didnt get hurt , this is what i mean ok ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On a serious note, why should we listen to Mr. Ravi Subramanian?

[With due respect to everything, everyone]
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I've always maintained that self help books and books that 'teach' us how to live should not be read.

It's after all our life, and let us live by our own means.. Why do we need someone telling this is right and that is wrong?

The same goes for philosophy too.. Yet, I've read some books of that type, just to get a first hand experience.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    My opinion is everyone in the world is not capable of making right decisions at the right time .

Some people even fear of making decisions in their life.
    They seek help from others for these kind of things.

Lets consider a person who has failed in something in his life , does motivation brings difference??
    I hope yes , motivation will bring difference.

I say that the things described in this book and most of the self help books is not Greek and Latin its everything we know but the problem lies that we ignore that.

One simple question, How many of you know value of time?

I Bet everybody knows about that , but most of us never care ( I Know few people here care it , so they became winners biggie mayur kida and many more ) but not all of us.
    Are we really doing what we can do? or just we are doing what we are getting to do?

I am not arguing with you , this is my point of discussion here saying we can get something out of a self help book because I feel I am not perfect and I am in search of something which gives me pleasure and happiness in doing it.
    I am happy with my job salary what ever ,but i feel and I believe this is not my destiny so i am reading these kind of books which I feel may help me in finding my destiny ๐Ÿ˜€

So friends, people who are in trouble mostly likes self help books ๐Ÿ˜€

This is my opinion !!! I dont know whether I am correct or not ๐Ÿ˜•

help me ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, in my opinion, we should read books with an aim to make place for new ideas - not only the ones mentioned in the book but also to come up with our own. I've realized by personal experience that it's always good to work on ideas that we believe in.

I've also seen that people (well most of them!) mostly refer to the books to get a 'How to' questions answered. That, I believe, seldom helps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Inbapuvi Many Many Happy returns of the day ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Wish you a wonderful year ahead ๐Ÿ˜€
hey @ first, I just found this forum via google, got me AGAIN somhing witch i didnt wan ๐Ÿ˜ก. So i hoped I may ask... I 1st semester in IT...
HEy there! I am Saira and currently doing COmputer Engineering from NUST. just ended my 6th semester! Right now doing internship! i joined this forum because whenever i googled any...
This is a video of an amazing slot mortising machine that is made mostly from wood. YouTube - Multi slot mortising machine
Hi, How can I add circuit here? I have some problem that want to share. In my posting rules it is showing "You may not post attachments". Please help