Reversing

Hey....guys i have been given a problem in a competition about reversing.I have to get a code out of an .exe file. Can anybody guide me for this process.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    reversing of what??
    Any string
    or Is it a competition related to encryption/DECRYPTION??????
  • snehajalul
    snehajalul
    Ya......goyal420 actually i have an .exe file when i put a username there it generate a password for that and store it.Then it ask for password,it compares it with stored password and print the result.Now what i have to do i have to find out what process is being done to generate the password.Hope you can help!!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    okk
    For this you have to test as many cases...and try to guess the logic....

and if you want a solution
    then post here maximum 3 test cases

I will try
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Ya post some test cases to let us know what the outputs are coming
  • snehajalul
    snehajalul
    Well....guys i think its leading you to confusion.

Ok....let me tell u.First of all i have a blank screen in my DOS prompt.
    It just ask for a username.

After entering the username it asks for password.Now coz i don't know the password i enter some text and it shows that the password is wrong.

So it is a C/C++ program and i have only .exe file.I think the problem is clear now!!!!!!!......
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yeah sneha we got your problem
    but to solve this problem
    You have to give us some test cases
    simply give us output here
    how you enter input
    and what computer shows you everything???This is problem of encryption/decryption
    we have to analyze the output to help you
    Thanks
  • ahmedfahmy2003
    ahmedfahmy2003
    no way to get c/c++ code back from .exe file but you can get assembly code by memory hacking or try to use decompiler

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

friends i am a b.tech second year student from nit surat...my branch is mechanical and i want to do summer training in 2010...so guys can u please help me with...
Here's some more stuff on the group of cube puzzles: Stacking cubes together is where Erno Rubik started with his eventual design of an N[sup]3[/sup] object, which is cubical because...
Useful for all the computer users, I think most of our CEans already knows this Remote Assistance allows a user to request help from a remote user over the Internet....
To create a backup of files and folders in XP? NTBACKUP does not have the ability to write to CDs directly. You will need to save the backup to hard...
Innovative clamping technology named OPTO-ACT (OPTO Adhesive Clamping Technology) developed by MTS-RND from Israel for fixture complex geometries and ultra high precision of produced parts (you can search OPTO-ACT or...