CrazyEngineers
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar

MemberAug 8, 2013

Restore mkdir

Screwed mkdir by just logging as root and then typed rmdir mkdir.
    Not able to create any new directory, right, but how to restore it back in /bin?
    Is there any way?
    I reinstalled ubuntu, but there should be some command to restore it back.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberAug 8, 2013

I don't understand.
    Can you please, describe it briefly ?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • pradeep.pawar

MemberAug 8, 2013

Abhishek Rawal
    I don't understand.
    Can you please, describe it briefly ?
    See we use mkdir command to create a new directory right and rmdir command for removing the directory.I removed the mkdir command itself from /bin, then how to get it back over there so i can create new directories which was not possible for me after removing the mkdir command i had reinstalled ubuntu back, any way to restore commands back?
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 8, 2013

did you try to reinstall the module?

You can surf on linux forum for the package. You can try by updating the repositories. try yum installer or rpm. I m not much into linux but these are easy steps you can take
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberAug 8, 2013

#-Link-Snipped-# LOL. Nice one 😁
    Just get mkdir lib file from your friend's ubuntu OS & push it to /bin, then reboot.

However, if none of your friends uses Ubuntu, you have to re-install the OS to get it back.
    It's always better to back-up file with which you're messing with. You're glad you didn't played with Kernel, you might've ended with Kernel panic.
    Anyways, tweaking is fun.
    Don't stop,keep exploring 👍
    Cancel
  • pradeep.pawar

MemberAug 8, 2013

Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# LOL. Nice one 😁
    Just get mkdir lib file from your friend's ubuntu OS & push it to /bin, then reboot.

However, if none of your friends uses Ubuntu, you have to re-install the OS to get it back.
    It's always better to back-up file with which you're messing with. You're glad you didn't played with Kernel, you might've ended with Kernel panic.
    Anyways, tweaking is fun.
    Don't stop,keep exploring 👍
    yes i did it for learning purpose if accidentally required files or directories get removed , so how get them back.
    One of my friend do uses ubuntu but i reinstalled ubuntu
    thanks for the help
    Cancel
  • pradeep.pawar

MemberAug 8, 2013

Nayan Goenka
    did you try to reinstall the module?

You can surf on linux forum for the package. You can try by updating the repositories. try yum installer or rpm. I m not much into linux but these are easy steps you can take
    I will look for it thanks
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register