Registry Problem

I am having problem in my Windows XP Registry.
When I type regedit in RUN .Nothing happens .No message is displayed and no window opens after that.I am unable to open registry editor.

Also, my Laptop is showing error of [you may be a victim of software Counterfeiting].

what is the Solution?

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Hi neha..

1) Regedit.exe
    OR
    2) %Systemroot%\Regedit.exe

possibility might be your system administrator have disabled it

check Group policy
    Start>Run>gpedit.msc>User Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Prevent access to registry tools

Otherwise
    I think this is symptom of virus

Try this Malicious Software Removal Tool from the Microsoft Download Center.

#-Link-Snipped-#

OR

Try this Remove Restrictions Tool (RRT)

#-Link-Snipped-#

Download
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    yeah ur right this might be the problem with it
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Neha Kochhar
    I am having problem in my Windows XP Registry.
    When I type regedit in RUN .Nothing happens .No message is displayed and no window opens after that.I am unable to open registry editor.

Also, my Laptop is showing error of [you may be a victim of software Counterfeiting].

what is the Solution?
    Hey Neha you have so much problems in your PC
    I suggest to install a fully updated antivirus...You may use Bitdefender...
    it is best according to me...
    you can have search on it...on Google
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Your system is virus prone, try to open registry from cmd or directly going to the system32 folder(c:/windows/system32).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir can you guide me on my project. My project is on a 3 Axis Robot which moves on a gantry, picks and places the objects from one side to...
Please tell me the Important/Useful Chapters of 1) Quantitative Aptitude 2) Verbal and Non-verbal Ability from R.S Aggarwal for Written Test in Campus Placement of IT Companies. Also tell me...
Since a few days my PC is running very slow. The windows (Xp) restarts abruptly when I run heavy applications. I scanned the whole HDD with updated anti virus but...
hi all i wanna help in kalman filter i google it and read some good ppt but i think my prob. here based on statistical calculation it it if any...
Hi everybody😕 Can anybody suggest me a complete guide which also works as a ready reckoner for pump selection & design. If anybody has details of bottle filling machines,its types...