Real Time Vocal Translator By Microsoft

I've often envisioned a place where every individual gets to talk in his/her own mother-tongue and there's no problem in communication. Microsoft, at TechFest 2012 has demonstrated a similar technology and has called it 'Photo Real Talking Head'. Read more about the technology here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Looking forward to ideas on how'd the algorithms for such translators would work 😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    They had demonstrated the similar thing at Techfest 2011.
    First, they applied a 2-D-to-3-D reconstruction algorithm frame by frame on a 2-D video to construct a 3-D training database.

As per the description in this video -

In training, super-feature vectors consisting of 3-D geometry, texture, and speech are formed to train a statistical, multistreamed, Hidden Markov Model (HMM). The HMM then is used to synthesize both the trajectories of geometric animation and dynamic texture. The 3-D talking head can be animated by the geometric trajectory, while the facial expressions and articulator movements are rendered with dynamic texture sequences. Head motions and facial expression also can be separately controlled by manipulating corresponding parameters. The new 3-D talking head has many useful applications, such as voice agents, telepresence, gaming, and speech-to-speech translation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would like to know how to specify a belt, when purchasing one. besides stating its type (flat, V , round or rigged) , what else should you specify ?...
Hii...can anyone give me idea about project based on verilog HDL?? (Programming based..no hardware implementation..e.g. ALU,oscillator.)
hi all how is the braking force of a brake system of an automobile determined and how is the distance travelled after braking calculated. what is the data required besides...
...about finding your own comfort zone. Do you agree?
Need an mini project in pulse circuits using 555 timer ic...................​Plzzz......​ ​