How Is Brake Force Determined?

hi all

how is the braking force of a brake system of an automobile determined and how is the distance travelled after braking calculated. what is the data required besides the mass of the automobile and the decceleration

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    zaveri
    hi all

how is the distance travelled after braking calculated. what is the data required besides the mass of the automobile and the decceleration
    I am assuming you mean what is the distance travelled after coming to rest.
    From particle motion i can see that you will need:
    1. Velocity at the instant the brake was applied
    Simply apply the formula v^2 = u^2 - 2(a)(s)
    where v = 0

I am not certain how the mass of the car would come in here, maybe someone can help us.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

...about finding your own comfort zone. Do you agree?
Need an mini project in pulse circuits using 555 timer ic...................​Plzzz......​ ​
here v can sharing and getting the information abt al...... if i hav any doubt i'm jst post here . . . if u hav any doubts abt anythng jst...
Earlier IITJEE paper used to be subjective and the paper was all about solving problems and applications of concepts. Nowadays i hear professors saying that IITJEE is becoming more focused...
hi ,, how are u doing ,,, i am new to HFSS and i am finding some difficulty in dealing with it and i have to submit a ready design...